boarding Mariner of the Seas ???

MikkiDawn

When is the EARLIEST time we can get on the ship, we want to schedule our shuttle from the hotel and want to be there early to start exploring, this is our FIRST CRUISE !!!!!!

Thanks, I cannot wait to go, only 8 more weeks.................

I've read here boarding can happen as early as 11:00 - 11:30am on Mariner. Our experince this past August was more like noon-ish. Even though lines were snaking outside waiting to board, once boarding began the line moved very quickly.

Head right up to the Windjammer for lunch, maybe book dinner at one of the specialties (they're right there at the entrance to the Windjammer) make a spa appointment, check out the Promenade, the pools, the Viking Crown, maybe head all the way up to the helipad, .. ENJOY!

I'm jealous....

- Ken

I was going to guess 11:30 or 12. We've never really been "the first ones" on the ship in any cruise.

On the Mariner in September (what a great cruise), we boarded at 12:30ish and our staterooms were still blocked off. They hadn't opened the doors yet. In 17 cruises, this is the first time that our rooms were not ready yet. So you may have to lug your carryons around with you when you're exploring if you go THAT early (11 or 11:30). :)

The Mariner is a great ship, the cruise was the best ever! :)

Port canaveral never lets anybody on til 11:30 for some reason. you can do all your paperwork and get your cabin key satrting at 10:45 to 11 am , then you will be in a wait line til the ship starts boarding at 11:30. they will do wedding party first then priority people, (diamond and suites )then the the rest. and it works that way for both the mariner and the sovereign.

You must be on the sailing after us... my family's on the December 3rd cruise on the Mariner. We live about an hour from the port and have done our last 2 cruises on her. Our plan is to arrive 11ish so we can be on board by noon for lunch so our 2 year old can get a nap in before the muster drill. Enjoy your first cruise!! We got hooked!

Archived