Elation information

trevette1981

Hi. My family and I sailed the Elation last November and we loved it. From what everyone says it is one of the smallest ships Carnival has (I've sailed the Ecstasy too - the sister ship to the Elation) and they were both great. We were in the Upper Deck. We are a family of 5 and we were all in one room. My children are all small (10, 7, 5 at the time) and we were very comfortable in our room.

The food was great and despite size of ship we always found things to do and never ever felt crowded.

We didn't do alot of shows. We did do the midnight buffet - lots of fun and yummy.

I'd be glad to answer any specific questions that you may have.

Okay, I am afraid now. The smallest ship? I sailed on the Inspiration....is that ship around the same size? On board, mostly I just sit on the top deck and look on the ocean, I didn't really do any of the shows.

How about the club section- did you see many adults there? Do they have a specific time for 21 and over or is it just 18 and over? (I am only 25 but I scoff at being around 18yr olds in a club they get too wild.)

What is the drinking age in the Bahamas and Grand Turk? (Again, under 21 kids make me weary)

What is there to do in these ports? I can't swim, so swimming excursions are out of the picture. The dolphin swims- can non swimmers go? I went on the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman and the water was waist deep, which I can tolerate, just can't do the water to my throat.

Sorry if I sound like I am all over the place. I just heard this from my aunt like 3 hours ago and still am trying to find info!LOL!

Okay, I am afraid now. The smallest ship? I sailed on the Inspiration....is that ship around the same size? On board, mostly I just sit on the top deck and look on the ocean, I didn't really do any of the shows.

How about the club section- did you see many adults there? Do they have a specific time for 21 and over or is it just 18 and over? (I am only 25 but I scoff at being around 18yr olds in a club they get too wild.)

What is the drinking age in the Bahamas and Grand Turk? (Again, under 21 kids make me weary)

What is there to do in these ports? I can't swim, so swimming excursions are out of the picture. The dolphin swims- can non swimmers go? I went on the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman and the water was waist deep, which I can tolerate, just can't do the water to my throat.

Sorry if I sound like I am all over the place. I just heard this from my aunt like 3 hours ago and still am trying to find info!LOL!

Let me see if I can help any.

1. Elation and Inspiration are the same size ship. They hold the same amount of passengers, and have the same tonnage and the same length.

2. Mostly saw adults in the clubs. When they did the teen night at the disco, it was advertised in the capers. On our cruise, it started at 11:30 p.m. for 18 & older in the Jekyll & Hyde disco. We never really went in there, we went to Romeo & Juliet Lounge, all adults there. Check your capers daily to see what's going on in the clubs.

3. Drinking age in the Bahamas, and Grand Turk is 18.

4. Shore Excursions. In Grand Turk they had an Island Bus Loop, and "The Guana" Beach Trolley Train & Snorkel, and they also had Aqua Boats. I remember seeing a horse & carriage ride, but other than that, Grand Turk was mostly a beach day for us. Margaritaville is right there, trust me ya won't miss it. You can check the ports of call boards for things to do that we missed. I fell in love with Half Moon Cay. The pic of my avatar is Half Moon Cay, gorgeous water. There are pics of Elation in my signature, hope I've helped at least a little.:)

It might have been because it was our first cruise but we absolutely loved the Elation. We were on her last voyage out of Galveston and went to Progresso and Cozumel, so I cant help you on the port of calls. We were completely worn out after our cruise from staying up night and day trying to do it all. I dont think you can possibly go wrong on the Elation, she is such a beautiful ship.

We did an Elation cruise out of Galveston last February and loved her so much we are taking the Grand Turks/Half Moon Cay/Nassau cruise this February. We loved the ship, the food and service was great. We only went to the Romeo and Juliet lounge and it was all adults. DH doesn't swim either but we are taking the Stingray swim excursion in Nassau - friends of mine took it on their cruise last year and said it was GREAT, especially for non-swimmers. My friends DH is scared to death of water and he really enjoyed it.

110 days! Elation 2/3/07

IS the lounge like a piano bar? That sounds like a place I would like. Anywhere that is night life oriented is good with me.

I will look at some of the excursions soon.

Thanks for telling me the elation and inspiration are the same size. I almost died I was so worried! :)

IS the lounge like a piano bar? That sounds like a place I would like. Anywhere that is night life oriented is good with me.

I will look at some of the excursions soon.

Thanks for telling me the elation and inspiration are the same size. I almost died I was so worried! :)

The Romeo & Juliet Lounge isn't like a piano bar. Romeo & Juliet's has a live band, a dance floor, a bar, and lots of places for everyone to sit with a little table in front of them with snacks on them and a place to sit your drinks. The piano bar is called Duke's and it is on the Atlantic deck. Never went in there, so can't tell ya too much about it.

Archived