Princess Disembarkation in Civitavecchia Rome

StevenW

This September the "Golden Princess" disembarkation started from Civitavecchia at about 7:00am. Our own scheduled disembarking time was 9:45am but our tags were called at 8:45am. Getting off the ship was fast and easy. We strolled through security, picked up our bags, got on the bus and a few minutes later, we were on our way to the airport. Maybe the secret is in disembarking at a later time.

I think it depends on the cruise. If the arrival time is 4AM, then disembarkation will probably start pretty early. Are you asking because you want to know what time to book your flights home or just in general?

Be very careful booking flights home on your own since it's a distance from the pier to the airport. Roman traffic can be a nightmare with frequent accidents on the main highway. Be very conservative when booking your flight times.

I just returned from the Golden in Rome. We docked about 4:00. The tags and sheet distributed 2 nights before had groups leaving starting at 6:00 based on their flight/departure times. (You fill out a form during the cruise if you have not booked transportation with Princess. Otherwise I would assume they have the information and will have you confirm it. HAL did that in Alaska.)

We were staying independently in Rome and had a pickup time of 8:00AM.

Our group was called at 7:30. We collected our luggage and waited for the driver.

We disembarked there in May 2005. The ship docked at 4:00 AM and I think people were called to get off as early as 6:00 AM. We were on our own and I think we got off about 7:30 or so. The disembarkation was scheduled to be completed by 9:00 AM. We took a taxi about 7:30 AM to the train station and caught a commuter train to Rome. We were in our hotel room in Rome by 11:00 AM or so. Though everything went amazingly smoothly, I will admit it was a bit difficult on the commuter train with our luggage. :o

Thankyou to every one of you for your great information.

I'm booked on a high-speed train from Rome Termini to Florence that morning, so I want to get away early.

It seems I may be able to walk off the ship with my luggage around 7.30am, so that's perfect to make my train connections.:)

Thankyou to every one of you for your great information.

I'm booked on a high-speed train from Rome Termini to Florence that morning, so I want to get away early.

It seems I may be able to walk off the ship with my luggage around 7.30am, so that's perfect to make my train connections.:)

Rome Termini is a long way from the pier......at least a couple of hours driving that early in the morning. You need to arrange a way to leave the pier area....cab, driver ?....as you can not walk out.

Archived