Easter Island land tour

LibLively

Our cruise in February has an optional Easter Island land package. Has anyone been to Easter Island? Did you fly LanChile? Where did you stay...any hotel advice? What tours did you take? Any insights would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I was in easter Island in June, I combined it with a trip to Tahiti. we flew Lan Chile and they were fine. The planes were nice and new, food was OK and the staff very friendly. The only thing we found was that priority is given to Chileans when checking in at Easter Islandand we only just got on the flight home! We allowed two hours to check in and it would have been better to go for three.

We stayed at the Taha Tai which was nice and clean. You could even see statues from the room! None fo the hotels are luxury, we heard some complaints about the Hanga Roa - that the rooms needed redoing as they had mouldy peeling paper. We went out of season and had the place to ourselves. There were onlt three couples in the hotel and we had the sites to ourselves. We organised a private guide and she was great. We wanted to have time to spend at the sites for my DH to take photos and she was very patient.

The people are really nice and friendly although the gauchos riding bareback down the main street give the place a frontier town feel!

We got ripped off with ordering something to be shipped back, so do be careful. Apart from that we had a great time. Am happy to answer any questions as I had real difficulty finding info when we were going.

HTH Soraya

• 2 weeks later...

Archived