Fun Pass info

Sarahjb001

We have just recieved our documentation info. for our 11/2 cruise! (How exciting) I have never sailed Carnival before, and wondered why our "exiting" plans are required in order to log in. For example, they require information regarding how we will leave port after the cruise, i.e., shuttle, private car, friends pick up, etc.

Does anyone know why this information is required?

Thank you!

SB.

I'm not for sure, but I would imagine it's so they can arrange transportation to those asking for transfers through Carnival. and probably to make sure there is enough staff and stuff for the parking lots and all that. I bet there are all kinds of things that are determined upon it. but then again it could just be them being nosy:p

I would guess it would have to do with if you are driving they would want and idea about how much parking is being used at the dock. Or if you are flying how many buses they would need, or cabs being used. also you air information in case the ship is late getting back they can call the airline and change your flight.

I think it has to do with what group they put you in to disembark. People with earlier flights are in the first group, people with later flights leave the ship later. In past experience, pretty much everyone is off very quickly so it doesn't make that much of a difference.

My recollection when I filled out this portion of the fun pass was that Carnival explained that the information was not required but might be used if there was some delay in the ship's arrival. I took this to mean that Carnival might try to contact airlines, hotels, car rental companies, etc. to minimize any problems that might arise if the ship was late or something.

I don't believe that it is for security. All arriving passengers have to provide destination information on the card they fill out and hand to US Immigration.

Speed up the check-in process

Welcome! As a Carnival guest, you have the convenience of expediting your check-in process by registering for your cruise in advance, while also satisfying

"Department of Homeland Security requirements".

Once you have completed the information and printed a FunPass, simply go through a document verification check after you arrive at the cruise terminal. It's that easy!

Start with your booking number (what's this?) and complete your FunPass in three easy steps. Here is what you will need for everyone in your party:

Personal information (full name, home address, phone number, etc.)

Citizenship information (passport data, permanent resident card number, etc.)

Travel itinerary after your cruise (flight number, hotel and car rental details, etc.) Note: Required for guests with independent travel arrangements only.

All guests in your cabin must provide the required information in order to obtain a FunPass. Online registration is available until the day before sailing. Taking a few minutes now will let you start enjoying your long-awaited cruise that much sooner.

The information that you have provided to Carnival may be shared with government agencies as required by law or as requested by such agencies.

Their website says it's a homeland security requirement. www.carnival.com/mycruise

I unfortunately don't have a current Carnival cruise booked. So I can't call up the fun pass checkin.

Part of the information entered in the fun pass such as citizenship, passport #, etc. are, I believe, required by Homeland Security. My recollection is that the section about airline and other departure related reservations wasn't required.

I think it has to do with what group they put you in to disembark. People with earlier flights are in the first group, people with later flights leave the ship later. In past experience, pretty much everyone is off very quickly so it doesn't make that much of a difference.

I think you are right!

Archived