Ensure

Sashalanda

Do cruise lines carry ensure or should I bring my own? A lot of times I can't eat at all..dr thinks I have bit neuropathy of my stomach too so get nauseated a lot...and just no appetite a lot. Do the ships carry ensure I can buy or shoudl I bring my own?

ty for fast response :). Yes it is pricey but somedays that is the only nutrition I can get in..and have to force that usually. Luckily now with the new plastic containers they arent as heavy. I was looking to cut back on some luggage lol. May be cheaper though to bring my own with what they charge for a coke :eek:

Thanks for all the good advice :D. I just may do that..that way for sure I have the flavors I can tolerate. Maybe even swirl some ice cream in ti to make it a milkshake. Doc is planning on me coming back 5 lbs heavier..or atleast he is hoping so that would help lol. I am not "underweight" yet but have continuously lost since I got disabled and with being 75% or more less active than before...he is very worried I will get even there. Right now I am a perfect weight..with ensure at meals I can't eat he hopes it will atleast keep me stable. You guys are all so great taking the time to offer me such great suggestions /big hugs

Do cruise lines carry ensure or should I bring my own? A lot of times I can't eat at all..dr thinks I have bit neuropathy of my stomach too so get nauseated a lot...and just no appetite a lot. Do the ships carry ensure I can buy or shoudl I bring my own?

On Holland America, I have ordered Ensure by contacting Access and Compliance, who in turn notified the Ships Coordinator and it was in our cabin when we arrived. They even asked the flavor we wanted and got that right (chocolate).

Perhaps Carnival hasn't something similar.

Good suggestion to contact the cruise lines' Special Services Dept. It would be so much more convenient to have the ship supply it for you - and I would think at your cost. But certainly easier than having to pack a supply for the length of a cruise.

However, if you have to transport the Ensure yourself - I'd suggest packing it

separately in a small suitcase (probably easier if it is on wheels). My understanding that any medical supplies are transported on airlines at no extra cost. Hopefully that would apply to your supply of Ensure. It does apply for items such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, etc. Possibly the best idea in that case would be to check with the airlines to double check.

My DD only drinks iced tea or Ensure. Actually, she drinks the equivalent of Ensure which Walgreens Drug Stores market. It is only $5.00 for a six pack. And every other week or so it sells for $4.00. I buy 3 or 4 cases whenever I go. Nutritional value is almost exactly the same as Ensure. We took 4 six-packs on our 5-day and my DD also had milk shakes we made from the ice cream. She loved them. ;)

Back from cruise!! Ended up...I ate like a piglet lol. My husband told everyone here at home I ate more on that cruise than I had in an entire year lol. Only had a day where until after lunch...I didn't even want to LOOK at food but that passed once I got out of room and smelled the waves of aroma hit my nose. I weighed myself when we returned and so far no weight gain showed up :( but my mother had said before cruise I looked like I had lost more weight with that worried look moms give. I didn't weigh myself tho cause didn't want to see weight loss when I was sooo excited about our trip so may have lost weight prior..least that is what I am telling myself lol. I am right at the right weight for my height but had lost so much since disabled that my dr is insisting I not lose not one more pound. Like he said...I was super active prior to disability..then lost 62 pounds being sedentary..it really worried him. Those cruise foods aroma tho kicked in my appetite lol. I adore fresh fruit though and had it at every opportunity which is always hehe.

Yes we had a marvelous time! This next one we have booked is including our sons for the first time, 18 and 13. Originally was going to book that one beginning of summer or for spring break but this one showed up at such a bargain and our college age son will only miss one day of college..we just couldn't pass it up. They are sooo excited about their first cruise too. On one hand I hope they love their experience, on another hand, if they love it, they will scream if hubby and I take another alone lol. Even after 30 yrs Dh and I still love each others company and alone time..which as everyone with kids knows is very seldom. We have never been ones to go anywhere without our kids..not even out to dinner so they were appalled when we went on a second cruise without them. Ah well we love being wtih our sons..we just may have to save up more and maybe just one cruise a year. To me though, its much cheaper to take carnival cruise as family vacation than any land vacation. Much easier to budget to the penny on these. So many ppl think cruising is expensive..and can be if you don't do your homework, but put one of these up against a land vacation for same amt time, same type dining and cruise wins hands down everytime money wise.

Archived