Cots???

kbknepp

I've seen the post regarding pack-n-plays on the cruise ships, but am wondering what the "cots" people have mentioned are like? We will be traveling with a three year old and its my understanding that they won't make up the pullman for him (too young), not that I really feel all the comfortable with him sleeping in one anyway. So I've seen people mention that you can ask for a cot. Is this different than the pack n play? Is it more like a rollaway? Is there actually room in the tiny little cabins for another bed? We are traveling on the Rhapsody and someone else made our reservations (we're going with a large group of family).

Unfortunately, I don't know what cabin we have, only that it is a "large interior" (not sure who's idea of large it is) and that its on deck seven. From the deck plans it appears there are only two cabins on that deck that actually offer pullmans and the others don't seem to offer any third/fourth person options. Would RCI allow you to book three people into a room that did not have a third sleeping option?

I've seen the post regarding pack-n-plays on the cruise ships, but am wondering what the "cots" people have mentioned are like? We will be traveling with a three year old and its my understanding that they won't make up the pullman for him (too young), not that I really feel all the comfortable with him sleeping in one anyway. So I've seen people mention that you can ask for a cot. Is this different than the pack n play? Is it more like a rollaway? Is there actually room in the tiny little cabins for another bed? We are traveling on the Rhapsody and someone else made our reservations (we're going with a large group of family).

Unfortunately, I don't know what cabin we have, only that it is a "large interior" (not sure who's idea of large it is) and that its on deck seven. From the deck plans it appears there are only two cabins on that deck that actually offer pullmans and the others don't seem to offer any third/fourth person options. Would RCI allow you to book three people into a room that did not have a third sleeping option?

RC will only book 3 passengers in a cabin that is officially rated for three people. That means that your cabin has either one or two pullman beds. They are completely out of your way, in the ceiling/wall until evening when your cabin steward will unlock it/them and bring them into sleeping position for the night.

You CAN fit a rollaway bed into this cabin - it's 151 square feet, but it will be a tight squeeze. Even folded up, the bed will take up scarce floor space. But that is an option, if you are uncomfortable with a 3 year old in a bunk bed. There is a railing which the steward will put up for you.

Or one of the parents could sleep in the pullman. :)

And you appear to be correct - you must have either cabin 7149 or 7649.

Archived