Will Celebrity sail to Bermuda in 2008??

herb

Haven't been to the Celebrity boards for a while but our church is interested in a "group" tour to Bermuda summer 2008 and I'm gathering info. I know that RCI has the Explorer going there but I'm not sure what plans Celebrity has... especially since it's always been on the Zenith and I don't know what plans Celebrity has with the Zenith for that year...

Haven't been to the Celebrity boards for a while but our church is interested in a "group" tour to Bermuda summer 2008 and I'm gathering info. I know that RCI has the Explorer going there but I'm not sure what plans Celebrity has... especially since it's always been on the Zenith and I don't know what plans Celebrity has with the Zenith for that year...

Hi Herb !

I think the answer depends on if Zenith is in Celebrity's fleet after April 2008. If Celebrity decides to keep Zenith around, I feel she will be doing Bermuda again. If Celebrity decides to retire Zenith, then the odds for Celebrity having a ship in Bermuda go way down.

There has been much speculation about Zenith's future. I'd love to see Celebrity do Century type update (perhaps on a smaller scale), and keep her around for another few years. Unfortunately, I think the odds on this happening are not great.

Bottom Line ? We will have to wait and see what Celebrity has to say in the coming months.

I was on the Zenith in August and was told that the Zenith is contracted with Bermuda for at least 2007 and 2008.

Hi Everyone !

That's good to hear. I was pretty sure that 2008 was still up in the air, but I hope your information is right !

I'll make an educated guess that Zenith will leave the fleet after Solstice comes out. I was told Century would then start making the Bermuda run. Bermuda is planning to upgrade the port facilities in Hamilton which will enable larger ships to dock there. They'll probably widen the town cut in St. George's also. Only time will tell.

Archived