Xmas week Bowl Games

Wildcatter

On the Island Princess last year they showed some of the games in the Universal Lounge WHEN the satellite permitted.

Someone, a major Raiders fan, at our dining table said the Orange Bowl's signal was very intermittant. He was watching the Rose Bowl game until dinnertime. Apparently the signal was getting stronger as we were closer to LA.

Someone' date=' a major Raiders fan, at our dining table said the Orange Bowl's signal was very intermittant. He was watching the Rose Bowl game until dinnertime. Apparently the signal was getting stronger as we were closer to LA.[/quote']

Were you in the Lounge when the one bowl game ran long and then they told us that the comedian was only going to do one act instead of two? I thought there was going to be mutiny.... They quickly changed their minds and the comedian said he would do two, considering it was the same night that we had missed Kona and we were already grumpy. :)

Were you in the Lounge when the one bowl game ran long and then they told us that the comedian was only going to do one act instead of two? I thought there was going to be mutiny.... They quickly changed their minds and the comedian said he would do two, considering it was the same night that we had missed Kona and we were already grumpy. :)

Nope. We caught only the shows in the Princess Lounge (Curtains Up and that one guitarist-comedian guy). Missed Willie Lester/Tyler whatever -- I remember seeing them on various tv shows as a kid. Didn't go to any of the football viewings as neither of my alma maters (UCLA and Missouri) were going to be shown (they both did win their bowl games, though!) and hubby isn't a football fan anyway. I was pretty grumpy about missing Kona, though.

If I were the OP, I would start petitioning the CD early on to get the games. If there seems to be an interest among many passengers...

Archived