shore excursion time

MikkiDawn

HI all, we are wanting to book the Sunny Liston shore excursion for 9:00 am with 3 hours of shopping and i have a couple of questions.

1. Is that too much time shopping and walking around downtown or should we just shoot for 2 hours of shopping ?

2. If we do the 3 hours of shopping then our tour departs at 9AM, will we be off the ship and thru customs by then ? Someone posted that you cannot get in line to go thru customs till 8:45 AM and it says the ship is docked at 9 AM to 8PM ?

Oh we are going December 10-17 Mariner of the SEas, I would appreciate a quick response so I can book my spot on the tour.

I don't know what your situtation is, but we went through Customs early--very early. Something like 6 or 6:15 am last February. It amounted to NOT much. It took about 3 minutes total. I remember bc I am not a morning person, but I was trying to get ready for my wedding.

Sunny Liston took our group of 24 all around St. Thomas, no shopping, and he was SO funny and great. The age range on that tour was 74 to 12 years old and everyone had a blast. SO, if you think it will all work out, book him. You won't regret it.

St. Thomas is so easy to do on your own, I'm not sure why you'd spend money on an excursion! If you want to shop, there's plenty within walking distance of the ship--and you aren't bound by other's whims!

At any rate--don't worry about the time factor--if everyone is late getting off the ship, the tour will be waiting for you!

There was a famous boxer from the 50 and 60 named sonny liston...can it really be...next your going to tell me that george foreman has his own excursion in st thomas...or mike tyson...maybe it's sonny's son...sonny jr...

St. Thomas is so easy to do on your own, I'm not sure why you'd spend money on an excursion! If you want to shop, there's plenty within walking distance of the ship--and you aren't bound by other's whims!

At any rate--don't worry about the time factor--if everyone is late getting off the ship, the tour will be waiting for you!

I guess to each his own. However, Sunny Liston, who is not a former boxer:), has hundreds of satisfied customers. Booking a tour is a great way to see the island with someone who can point out the little things. I do not have time to read every sentence in a travel book so I can point them all out to myself and travel companions. The tour is worth every penny. The only whims we were bound to were our own.

Archived