help what please

debbymark

Debby ~~~ I have been using that white sound machine for years. I have always needed sound to drown out any type of noise, and since my teens have had to use fans set on high...even in the winter. It works great and goes on all my cruises with me.

I have friends who won't go anywhere without their small, portable fan. The noise it makes is just enough to keep outside sounds at bay. I find that the rooms on the ships are very quiet. After all that salty sea air, I sleep like a baby--(not my babies, who never slept through the night, mind you, ) perhaps I should say, slept like a log! (Do logs sleep???)

As someone whose DH had snoring issues, PLEASE tell your doctor about this. My DH has been diagnosed with sleep apnea, which can really affect the person's health. (Including heart problems.) My DH now has a CPAP machine which has made a world of difference with his sleep. He now sleeps the night through and does not snore at all! I cannot even hear the machine as it is working. Please, please, please have your DH checked out by your doctor!

As someone whose DH had snoring issues, PLEASE tell your doctor about this. My DH has been diagnosed with sleep apnea, which can really affect the person's health. (Including heart problems.) My DH now has a CPAP machine which has made a world of difference with his sleep. He now sleeps the night through and does not snore at all! I cannot even hear the machine as it is working. Please, please, please have your DH checked out by your doctor!

Sheffie--I'm with you. My DH has the CPAP too. It was so bad before, there were times I had to stay awake to make sure he was breathing. Once in a while I had to "kick start" him. Not only was it scary, he NEVER EVER got a good nights sleep. He was always tired. Now, he is a whole new person. I also cannot hear the machine. Question-Have you traveled with it? Did you go through airport security? We are taking it for the first time in December. Do you have any tips? Did you need an extension cord?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but these boards are always so hepful, you have to strike while the iron is hot!

Before the CPAP, I used ear plugs, we packed a nice loud fan. DH always waited for me to fall alseep first, so that I was sleeping alreadyand his snoring would not wake me. BTW-we have traveled close to home, no airplanes, and we go to sleep the same time now. Life is better, I can even sleep close to him. First time in 5 years together!!

Now if I could only get one for my Chocolate Lab (in my avatar) she is louder than he was!

Sheffie--I'm with you. My DH has the CPAP too. It was so bad before, there were times I had to stay awake to make sure he was breathing. Once in a while I had to "kick start" him. Not only was it scary, he NEVER EVER got a good nights sleep. He was always tired. Now, he is a whole new person. I also cannot hear the machine. Question-Have you traveled with it? Did you go through airport security? We are taking it for the first time in December. Do you have any tips? Did you need an extension cord?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but these boards are always so hepful, you have to strike while the iron is hot!

Ang, we have flown with it many times. We always take it as carry-on, and have never had a problem. I hear that since it is a medical device that it doesn't have to count as one of your carry-ons, but we put it in a carry-on suitcase, so I don't know if this is really true. Do NOT put it in your checked luggage; they sometimes go astray. We did take an extension cord and used it.

It is a God-send! I had stopped sleeping in the same room with him due to his snoring and gasping issues.

Archived