Should I upgrade?

bluesugar

Well- how much of a $$ are we talking?

how many sea days? will you spend a lot of time in the cabin?

for me personally since we spend so little time in the cabin to upgrade for us would be a waste of money. Balcony is more important so I go with that.

Depends on what you get with the cabin also. I personally have looked in to upgrading in the future. But most of the perks you get, I wouldn't use. There are only a "few" like one or two things that I would use. For me it wouldn't be worth the upgrade.

I personally would spend the money on excursions. Now upgrading to a standard balcony is worth it to me.. Having a "space" of our own to watch the sea is a nice treat.

But if you like the perks that come along with the upgrades to a JS then go for it..

The only real perks for a JS is 2 cruise credits and more room. You already have a much coveted midhump cabin. If you are traveling with more than 2 people I probably would upgrade but, unless the JS in just as great a location I certainly would not change cabins, especially if I had to pay more than $50/pp more. That's one of the best locations IMHO.

Sorry to be so dense, but what's a mid hump cabin?

Thanks.

Not dense--just not familiar

here is the deck plan-- see how the deck bulks out on the side in the middle of the ship-- these are Hump cabins. Very sought after cabins.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=09&shipCode=VY&shipProfile=1080&sailDate=1061104&hasNavigation=false

The more you read these boards the more you will learn. I learned most on cruising from these boards. It can make a better cruise experience from knowing..

Are you sailing someday soon?

Not dense--just not familiar

here is the deck plan-- see how the deck bulks out on the side in the middle of the ship-- these are Hump cabins. Very sought after cabins.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=09&shipCode=VY&shipProfile=1080&sailDate=1061104&hasNavigation=false

Serene,

Thanks for the info and link to the floor plan.

What makes these hump cabins more desirable? Are they larger than the others? Do you get more space for the same cat. price?

I see that they're right by the elevator and concierge desk which would make them most undesirable for us because of the increased noise outside our door. (It's incredible how loud people get in the hallways early in the morning....if "they're" up, they think we should be too! :( )

Thanks,

Jane

the hump cabins can see front and back-- where the other cabins that are on either side cant... the hump will be in the way.

The balconies are a tad bigger then the sides also. SOme cabins are biggger but they are also a different category

Archived