Just back from Sovereign 10/16 thru 20th

Gingras31

Wow what a great time. Got to the port at noon and was on the ship 10 minutes later,no wait at all. Got lunch in the windjammer, then explored the ship. At 1 we went to our room, Junior Suite 1540, and got to meet our room steward Derkson, He is by far he best we have ever had, always took care of us. The balcony was HUGE. We had dinner in the Mirage dining room table 442. Waiter and assistant waiter were ok, nothing special. Head waiter only saw him on tip night. DAy 2 was cococay, tried to snorkel but was stung by a jellyfish, so that ended that. had lunch on the island, it was ok. after lunch, walked around the little straw market, then took the tender back to the ship. took a nap then went to Johnny rockets for dinner.

Day 3 in nassau did a little tour via a taxi, $20 for a 4 hour tour that went thru the downtown, the rich areas, the poor areas, the embassy residences, then finished with a tour of atlantis before going back to the pier. Went back to the ship for lunch thenwent back out for some shopping and a trip to senor frogs.

Day 4 we slept in to 1230, got some lunch, did some shopping, then went back to the room for another nap.

We did Dueling piano's every night,what a blast. Jeff and Rhiannon did an awesome job. Love and Marriage show was hilarious as always.

Any other questions, just ask. I love this ship and will gladly sail on her again.

Hey Richie, We had a great time as well.

Sorry we didn't met... I ran into Lori at walk-a-mile, and she mentioned a few of you got together. I haven't been on the site for a while, so I didn't know you were meeting.

We agree... the crew on Sovereign was fantastic, we'd go again in a heartbeat! :)

Wow what a great time. Got to the port at noon and was on the ship 10 minutes later,no wait at all. Got lunch in the windjammer, then explored the ship. At 1 we went to our room, Junior Suite 1540, and got to meet our room steward Derkson, He is by far he best we have ever had, always took care of us. The balcony was HUGE. We had dinner in the Mirage dining room table 442. Waiter and assistant waiter were ok, nothing special. Head waiter only saw him on tip night. DAy 2 was cococay, tried to snorkel but was stung by a jellyfish, so that ended that. had lunch on the island, it was ok. after lunch, walked around the little straw market, then took the tender back to the ship. took a nap then went to Johnny rockets for dinner.

Day 3 in nassau did a little tour via a taxi, $20 for a 4 hour tour that went thru the downtown, the rich areas, the poor areas, the embassy residences, then finished with a tour of atlantis before going back to the pier. Went back to the ship for lunch thenwent back out for some shopping and a trip to senor frogs.

Day 4 we slept in to 1230, got some lunch, did some shopping, then went back to the room for another nap.

We did Dueling piano's every night,what a blast. Jeff and Rhiannon did an awesome job. Love and Marriage show was hilarious as always.

Any other questions, just ask. I love this ship and will gladly sail on her again.

Wow, we are in 1540 this coming January 2nd--any photos? Please share as much about the stateroom as you can remember! We will be DW and myself, early to mid 40's (sigh, we'll have turned 43 and 44 in the two weeks before the cruise) and DS 10. Is there a fridge, is there a tub, how about a divider between the bed and where DS will sleep (wink wink)?

Thanks in advance.

If you are doing the 3 night, the formal night is Saturday night. Your 2nd. night.

If you are doing the 4 night, it is Tuesday night.

No lobster on the 3 or 4 night.

We leave on the Sovereign on 10/27/06 again. This will be our 10th. time on her.

Wow, we are in 1540 this coming January 2nd--any photos? Please share as much about the stateroom as you can remember! We will be DW and myself, early to mid 40's (sigh, we'll have turned 43 and 44 in the two weeks before the cruise) and DS 10. Is there a fridge, is there a tub, how about a divider between the bed and where DS will sleep (wink wink)?

Thanks in advance.

We were in a JS as well... they're all set up the same. There is a fridge and a tub. They have a curtain that can be pulled between the bed and the couch, it can provide visual privacy, but wouldn't be much of a sound buffer ;) The couch is only about a foot and a half away from the bed.

Have a great time! :)

Does the Windjammer turn into a little more "restauranty" atmosphere in the evenings? And are there Johnny Rocket's coupons in the coupon book? There were on Mariner.. DH has never heard of them so thought I'd treat him to a pretty typical "burger diner" experience on the high seas:)

Does the Windjammer turn into a little more "restauranty" atmosphere in the evenings? And are there Johnny Rocket's coupons in the coupon book? There were on Mariner.. DH has never heard of them so thought I'd treat him to a pretty typical "burger diner" experience on the high seas:)

Yes there are coupons in the book.

Have fun!

Jellyfish weren't too bad, only saw maybe 5, but one of the little buggers got me...lol. Tip when using the shower, put 2 of the handtowels on the lip of the tub and face the shower head towards the wall, otherwise water will go everywhere. For the windjammer at dinner, the only difference is that the silverware is already on the tables rather than grabbing your own when you get your plates. My only complaint about the room is that on the last 2 nights, the ac did not blow very cold. The fridge also never got very cool. but we barely used it anyway

Archived