Sept. Cozumel weather

awsmrn

September is pot luck month... you just don't know what you'll get! If it rains, it generally doesn't rain all day. If it's nice, you'll have paradise (as in the island, as well as the beach) all to yourself. September and October are low months here in Cozumel and we are always delighted to have visitors. September is kiddingly referred to as "Septiambre", a mixture of the words "September" and "hunger", as it can be a difficult month for those relying on tips to survive.

So, with that in mind, we really, really, really want to welcome you, in advance, to Cozumel!

Paradise Beach does sound fun. Nice to know it is not going to be too crowded in Sept. I am cruzin with awsmrn. I live in FL and during the summer months we have a saying "don't like the weather...wait 10 minutes" I have been told Coz is about the same way. Looking forward to meeting you at your beach Tom. I hope it is as beautiful as mine here in Ft Walton Bch

To Bad, I was planning on dropping by and buying you a beer. We will be in town the 10th to the 21st. To bad you won't be around. Just out of curiosity, being you are from Montreal are you related to the folks who used to own the Island Gourmet or La Cocay??

Rich

Nope, not related but I knew (know) Tony, Heather (moved back to Montreal about a year ago and had a baby!) Rob, and Stephane. La Cocay closed a few months ago, but will reopen later this year at a new location near Manati. I'll take a raincheck on the beer till next time...have a great vacation!

• 12 years later...

Cozumel is warm year round....humid and rain sometimes every day. It is the Caribbean, expect a passing rain shower every single day any day of the year. In hurricane season, June-Oct, it can rain more often, or heavy downpours that last for an hour, but rarely more than that. And honestly it feels good to have the cooling of the rain in the afternoons when the humidity is so thick and oppressive.