Best way to and from port in San Francisco???

longduo

We are sailing on the Dawn Princess on Dec. 1. What is the best way to get to and from the port? Are the shuttle services better than a taxi? Now I'm worried about having a 12:45 flight on the day of disembarkation.

Longduo

It depends upon how much luggage you have as to the taxi. You might have more than they can handle. The pier is right off of Fisherman's wharf, so it's about 45 minutes with traffic.

Gotta say this is why I always take the transfers offered by the cruise line. Then I don't have to worry about making the ship on time or handling the luggage after claiming it. However, transfers aren't cheap and are the easiest way to trim a little money off your cruise budget. I'd rather pay the money and not worry about the ship sailing without me. I would call Princess, if you booked through them or your TA to see what the cost would be for a transfer from the airport. you might be saving money in the long run.

Charlie

Archived