Immigration when arriving with Noordam to NYC

As a non US citizen I'm always looking so forward for the early morning wake up calls for onboard immigration. :D

Just wondering...we are (hopefully) cruising on the Noordam next January from NYC and the last port of call is San Juan before arriving back to NYC. So we have to do immigration in SJU as the previous port was a non US port. But could we then be so lucky that we don't have to go through immigration in NYC because we have just done one in SJU? Would be soooo nice. :)

As a non US citizen I'm always looking so forward for the early morning wake up calls for onboard immigration. :D

Yes, so much *fun*! I am Canadian.

February last year - Maasdam - San Juan was our last port - NO immigration at embarkation in Norfolk! You still must fill out a customs form, confirming none of your purchases will remain in the United States.

I've been reading about your booking and credit card problems :( - hope those problems disappear on Monday, and you have smooth sailing from that point on :) !

It is always up to the local authorities and Homeland Security can call for another Immigration check when the ship arrives in New York from San Juan but it is much more like than not that the San Juan Immigration will serve for re-entry into the U.S. and no New York Immigration Inspection will be required.

Archived