Barcelona restaurant for a group meeting

Help, Can anyone recommend a restaurant near the Hotel Continental Palacete? Our CC group is looking for someplace to meet for dinner on Nov. 6th before boarding Brilliance on the 7th. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance. mems

Help, Can anyone recommend a restaurant near the Hotel Continental Palacete?

Around the Palacete you can have a tapas dinner at Cerveceria Catalana (Mallorca 236), Ciudad Condal (Rambla de Catalunya 18) or La Tramoia (Rambla de Catalunya 15). For a conventional dinner with catalan cuisine L'Olivé (Balmes/Diputació) http://www.rte-olive.com. All those have enough room for a large group and are a little walking from your hotel.

Bea

We stayed at the Montecarlo on La Rambla..the only restauraunt the hotel recommended near the hotel was The Attic..just a few steps away from the Montecarlo hotel. It is a short walk down La Rambla from your hotel.

It was a very modern place, and had several long tables for groups.

Here is some info and reviews on tripadvisor:

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Spain/Catalunya/Barcelona-274654/Restaurants-Barcelona-Attic-BR-1.html

The other one near the Gothic area is call "4 Cats". We loved the atmosphere here, much more authentic to the area. It's hard to find, down a narrow alley. Has main dining area with large tables and a unique upper row of tables for 2 overlooking the main room.

Here are some reviews and photos:

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Spain/Catalunya/Barcelona-274654/Restaurants-Barcelona-Les_Quatre_Gats-BR-1.html

Good Morning Mems -

You must have enjoyed La Tofona BUT it's name has now changed and it is now called FARGA! The menu has stayed just about the same and they do have those delicious tapas, sausages, fish and on and on.

You and Jim have a GREAT cruise - we arrive in Barcelona on the 12th for the Voyager's transatlantic - maybe one of these days we can finally meet on a cruise together.

Ken and Pene

Hi there,Ken,

How have you and Pene been? Still cruisin I see. Yes, we all did enjoy La Tofona. No wonder I couldn't find it. Not only had a problem remembering the spelling but a name change, too. Thanks again.

Jim and I tried a River cruise this summer and had a great time. Spent 2 weeks on the Rhine and Mosel rivers. Many quaint towns as well as large cities. Different but very enjoyable. Would do it again.

Hopefully we will meet some day, altho, I feel like I know you already from these boards. Give our greetings to Pene. Take care. mems

Mems -- We were on the Sept. 15th Century sailing out of Barcy and what a cruise. We ate one nite before the cruise at the "El Raco" -- we also stayed at the Continental Palacete -- you walk out the front door turn on Rambla Catalunya and it's right there on the right side of the street. We had a wonderful meal -- and the back part of the restaurant is an ideal place for a group. I feel sure you will enjoy it -- plus, excellent prices. If I can answer any other questions, I will be happy to do so. Rosalee

Thank You All,

Doc, Rosalee and all, will share your info with the group. Thanks a bunch. mems

Hi Mems...and Ken and Pene... :)

I hear the following place is highly recommended and Luis, the owner/manager goes out of his way to help:

La Villa Restaurant which is directly on Las Ramblas across from the Le Meridien hotel. The restaurant is a bit difficult to find, but well worth the effort. They are located down a small alleyway off Las Ramblas. There is a large sign in front of the Hotel Citadines. Basically if you go to the Le Meridien Hotel and walk directly across the street to the Hotel Citadines and down the alley youll run right into it. The address is Pasaje de las Ramblas 122- Pza Vila de Madrid. The phone number is 011-34-934-12-55-41 and Luis's cell number is 011-34-627-200-472.

Hi Mavis, How are you? Thanks for the info. One of our members was nice enough to put this thread into our Brill thread. I should learn how to do that. Where are you off to next? What ship? Don't you love CC and how we are able to chat with each other years after meeting? Take care and safe journeys. mems

ps Where are your dancing M&M's?

mems,

I was on a Brilliance Med. cruise this past June. My family also stayed at the Continental Palacete for 3 nights. I planned a dinner for 20 of our CC friends for the night before the cruise. Many of the group were also staying at the hotel. The restaurant I picked ended up being in a bad area and at the last minute I had to find something else.

We ended up having dinner at Farga. Exactly 1 1/2 blocks south of the hotel on the Ramblas...same side of street as the hotel. On just a couple of hours notice they set up a private room for us downstairs with one big table for 20. They had bread and wine all ready for us when we arrived and treated us so well. The food and service was great and we all had a wonderful time. I believe the address was 8 Ramblas Catalunya. It is 1 1/2 blocks south of the hotel and 1/2 block north of Placa Catalunya.

Someone posted a recommendation for Ciudad Condell but we found that not approariate for a group. It's more of a busy tapas/bar place. I didn't see any place where you could seat a large party. 4 Gats is very famous but much further from the hotel and I heard it is also very busy and noisy and not great for a group event. If you want some space, a large table, and would like to hear each other talk try Farga.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

KathiB

You don't indicate the size of your group. Our party of 12 had a great pre-cruise dinner at 4 Gats in early October. I didn't notice it being particularly loud, perhaps because our group was itself somewhat lively.

You don't indicate the size of your group. Our party of 12 had a great pre-cruise dinner at 4 Gats in early October. I didn't notice it being particularly loud, perhaps because our group was itself somewhat lively.

I agree. 4 Gats is a great place and just a short walk from the Palacete.

Hi Mavis, How are you? Thanks for the info. One of our members was nice enough to put this thread into our Brill thread. I should learn how to do that. Where are you off to next? What ship? Don't you love CC and how we are able to chat with each other years after meeting? Take care and safe journeys. mems

ps Where are your dancing M&M's?

You still remember the M&M's ?? LOL. I had to dump them because they added too much space to my posts.

Where am I off to next? Brilliance 14 night from Barcelona (RT) with Villefranche, Florence, Naples, Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Rome for 2 days instead the usual 1...and 4 sea days! We did it in 2003 but it was a 12-day. Want to join us?

Glad to see your posts and the name "mems" again.... long time.

email me: mavismarie at telmedia dot com -- and fill me in on life's details!:D

Archived