Disney copying from Princess-Poolside Movie

Cptnkirky

Disney now has their own version of MUTS...

New Family Fun

TODAYart_102106_bdy1.jpgDisney Wonder Guests can now enjoy poolside movies on a brand-new, state-of-the-art jumbo LED screen affixed to the forward funnel on Deck 9. At the Goofy Pool (family pool area), families can gather and watch classic Disney animated or live-action movies on the giant 24-by-14-foot screen. Other programming is also available — such as popular TV shows and major sporting and broadcast events — and the 336-square-foot screen greatly enhances outdoor entertainment and deck parties in and around the Goofy Pool area.

Disney cruises are about twice the price of Princess and RCCL

Most of the time, but if flexible you can cruise for a reasonable price. We sailed on the 4 day Wonder in August. Paid $1400 for 3 of us in an inside guarantee.

It was a great cruise if you like anything about Disney.

Bill

Each cruise line watches the other to "borrow" new ideas, and in turn work hard to come up with new ideas of their own.

Disney was quite the pioneer in many areas when it first launched 10 years ago. They had the first premium adult-only restaurant-Palo. The Disney spa was the first with its Rainforest area....a premium pay "grotto" spa. Other lines have adapted these ideas for their own use.....I think benefitting everyone.

Disney, in turn, adopted the big-screen outdoor movie concept that Princess pioneered.

So I can spend twice as much money to be on a ship full of children:eek: . I think I'll pass, lol!

You'd be quite surprised.There were plenty of them but you hardly notice them. I am 50 with just one 17 year old kid left in the nest. We had a great time and hardly noticed any kids at all. They have lots of adults only areas which I didn't use and still hardly noticed them. The kids clubs keep them quite busy.

Bill

Archived