hc on fantasy

bubbles4me

Last year we had a handicap cabin on the conquest for the two of us. this year there is 5 in one cabin on the fantasy so we had to do away with the whole handicap cabin. :eek: my mother is a large person about 325 pounds and she was wondering if the toliet will be big enough i told her i didn't think the toliets changed sizes do they?? also i was wondering if her scooter will fit in the doorway? if not ccl said we could park it in the hallway since they are so many of us in the room! :D any info on this would be greatly appriciated!! thanks a million!

Last year we had a handicap cabin on the conquest for the two of us. this year there is 5 in one cabin on the fantasy so we had to do away with the whole handicap cabin. :eek: my mother is a large person about 325 pounds and she was wondering if the toliet will be big enough i told her i didn't think the toliets changed sizes do they?? also i was wondering if her scooter will fit in the doorway? if not ccl said we could park it in the hallway since they are so many of us in the room! :D any info on this would be greatly appriciated!! thanks a million!

The toilet size stays the same unless you need the height extention. I'm not quite her size but have seen people her size and larger and they were on the ship all week so they had to be going somewhere. I think she will fine. You are right the cruiseline are not allowing us to park chairs and scooters in the hallway anymore. We had 4 in our cabin mysilf with a scooter and my mither with a walker. My scooter went into the shower when we needed more room than mobility. Like bedtime. The walker we folded up against the wall. I have hear if you have a really good cabin person they may be able to find you an out of the way area to park it. If you do this be sure to take off th ebatteries and charge them in your room. Chairs have been known to disapear when left unattended.:mad:

Most of all have a GREAT time!

Thank you so much for the reply. The only question i still have is can the scooter fit through the door to get inside our cabin? that would be horrible if we got there and then it couldn't fit through the door there is no other way she can get around. :confused:

A call to your TA or the cruiseline should answer your question....our TA found out for us as my scooter is rather large (Maxima) and measures 28" across at the outside of the arms....our TA called to verify our HC cabins door width and they (RCI) informed her no problem....if as you state, you do not have an HC cabin reserved, I would DEFINETLY check ahead of time....

glenn (buckeyeair)

The very smallest size of scooters will fit through carnivals regualar room doors but if the lady in question is over 250lbs..then she doesn't have this small scooter as she would be above the weight limit. I am guessing it won't fit. Definately measure the widest area then call and find out width of regular cabin door.

Archived