Ecstasy Review 10/16/2006

Rena921

I usually laugh at the posts where people want all the details and here I am........:D I don't even get to go until next April, but your post has got me thinking early!

Just a couple more questions if you don't mind? What day was the past guest party?

I noticed in someones pictures that the bathrooms now have little pedestal sinks. So, how does this affect storage space for toiletries and such???

TIA

I can't remember exactly what day our past guest party was on, but I believe it was Thurs. I was told that the CD decides on the day once the cruise is underway. So it could be on any day. I got an invitation along with my pin the first night when our steward turned down our beds.

There is a shelf above the sink, but I went to the dollar store and purchased a hanging organizer (you can get an over the door shoe holder too). It had 12 pockets and I hung it up on the towel hook on the bathroom door. I was great for the toiletries. I threw it away when I left. Perfect! I plan on doing this for every cruise I go on.

Figment:

Here is my question. If our flight alone had 7 passengers for the boat, how many others missed the boat due to the Houston rain? I know that Serna said the boat left an hour late, but our travel agent said she had been on cruises where the boat waited up to 4+ hours and then left the port very slowly so smaller boats with late cruisers could make it. How full was the cruise? Does Carnival ever post the number of passengers that were on board and or the number of passengers expected?

First of all, the only way for the ship to wait that long would be if flights and transfers were purchased thru CCL. So, unless flights were purchased thru CCL your travel agent is incorrect. Also, you TA should have made arrangements to fly you to Mexico to board, which is what most others that missed the ship did. CCL is not responsible for the weather nor is the airlines. Sounds a little like your TA dropped the ball.

This is why I am such a firm believer on flying/driving in the day before you depart.

Our agent is in the process of appealing to Carnival to provide us a voucher to cruise again. She will also try with the airline to get us flights to replace our 9 1/2 hours of flight time that got us nowhere.

Unless you purchased cruise insurance....GOOD LUCK.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is how it works.

[

Figment:

First of all, the only way for the ship to wait that long would be if flights and transfers were purchased thru CCL. (Yes, they were. Our Travel Agent handled all the arrangements with the exception or our Shore Excursions) So, unless flights were purchased thru CCL your travel agent is incorrect. Also, you TA should have made arrangements to fly you to Mexico to board, which is what most others that missed the ship did. (We looked at that options but unfortunately to FLY into Progreso, you need to have a Passport, if you arrive by BOAT it is only a Birth Certificate, that is until next year. Yes, we could have flown to Cozumel, but that would have been at our cost. We also would have had lodging and dining for the 3 days until the ship arrived, then with only 1.5 days left on the cruise, why bother?) CCL is not responsible for the weather nor is the airlines. Sounds a little like your TA dropped the ball.

This is why I am such a firm believer on flying/driving in the day before you depart. (Hindsight is 20/20. :) Like I said, this was my first time cruising and our agent said the 5 hour window would be sufficient.)

Unless you purchased cruise insurance....GOOD LUCK. (After reviewing the cruise insurance, it would not even have covered for our situation. Had the airline been down for a full 24 hours causing us to miss our cruise, we could have been reimbursed or been given vouchers. The other clause was if the transportation service was interrupted for 5 hours or more, the insurance would cover the cost of getting you to to the boat. But, Progreso would have required the passports which neither of us have, and with only a day and a half left, why bother with Cozumel.)

I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is how it works.

[

Serena,

I don't think that is harsh at all. What you have told me here is the same thing every other cruiser has told me. Luckily our travel agent is really on our side. She has already started the appeal process and letter writing campaign. If she does not see any results she is going to take it to the regional director, she will be cruising with him in 2 weeks.

In the mean time, my husband and I are planning on getting our passports. We are hopeful that Carnival will attempt to make this right. I am really glad that you and the other did have fun, I only wish we could have been there too.

~Figment

Archived