Is it possible..........

bubbles1209

We are thinking of taking a friend of my daughter's with us on our summer trip in June next year. I would like to book guarantee ov rooms, but is it possible to book that way and have the rooms right next to each other? We would like a cabin for them and one for us next door to each other if possible, even better would be an adjoining stateroom, but will they let you book guar that way? Thanks in advance.:)

Although booking GTY rooms are a little less in cost..and you have the CHANCE of getting upgraded....you get whatever room they end up giving you....you may not only get rooms apart from eachother..you may even get separate floors.

if the deal is worth the risk..then go for it...other wise...not a good deal

We are thinking of taking a friend of my daughter's with us on our summer trip in June next year. I would like to book guarantee ov rooms, but is it possible to book that way and have the rooms right next to each other? We would like a cabin for them and one for us next door to each other if possible, even better would be an adjoining stateroom, but will they let you book guar that way? Thanks in advance.:)

Hi bubbles - you can't book a guarantee room with minors - they can't get them together. You have to book side by side rooms - that is their minor policy or rooms across the hall from one another.

if having the cabins next to each other is important a guarantee is NOT the way to go. (I was on the upper deck- the kids were on the Riveria deck)

Youo didnt say if the kids were minors but you wont be able to book them into a cabin alone. A person will need to be in the cabin that is over 25.

If it is possible that you dont care where you wind up- make sure the reservations are linked so you can dine together. linking cabins is for dining purposes only.

So, guess I could pick adjoining staterooms, we want them (2 teen-age girls, 14 & 15) in one room, and us in then next room. (DH& I). We can book showing an adult in each room, and switch s&s cards back once we get on the ship, right?:confused:

Just go to the pursers desk and ask for anothr room key for each person that needs to switch back. The sign and sail card has your picture encrpted on it. You just will carry two cards instead of one.

Well, you don't actually switch S&S cards. Those are connected to you personally for all kinds of other things (purchases, getting on and off the ship, etc...) and you have to keep your own.

You just get new extra room keys. No big deal there, people do it all the time.

So, I can ask for an extra room key for each room, and that should have us straight, right? But wouldn't that mean that the kid's could get in our room at any time?

Yes, that does. When we did it with our DD's, I just kept her original S&S card (which was the key to my cabin) except on port days when she needed it to get off and on the ship.

Ok, so try and answer this one for me

We book me & her friend in a room, and DH and DD in a room. When we get on the ship, we go to the purser's desk and ask for extra room keys. We get back to our floor and decide the girls want to be in 1 room, and DH and me in the other. So, DD gives me her original room key with her name on it (which is the key to the room DH and I will be in). I give her the extra room key to the room her & her friend will be staying in, keeping my original key for that room that's in my name. Now comes the question. I have both original room keys. She has an extra to use instead of her original. What if we want her to be able to charge on her S&S? Can we set it up with the "extra" key for her to be able to charge things, or do I need to give her back her original for during the day so she can charge? I've figured I would need to give her the original for port stops, but I'm not sure how the charging part would work. I'm confused:confused: Way confused. I mean in the ticket contract it plainly states people under 21 will not be allowed to board unlessthe guest is traveling in the stateroom with an individual 25 or older, 2. traveling in the same stateroom as their spouse, or 3. traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. So why can't you just book the kids in a room to begin with?

You guys are putting way to much effort into this, i do this every cruise with my teens.....if you are going to go ahead and select cabins you can book the girls into the cabin across the hall or next door and do not have to put the adults name on the cabin, if you want an extra key for their cabin just go to the pursers desk and ask, i always get one so i can wake them up in the morning.

problem solved.

Now if you are trying to book a guarantee, thats another thing.

Ok, so try and answer this one for me

We book me & her friend in a room, and DH and DD in a room. When we get on the ship, we go to the purser's desk and ask for extra room keys. We get back to our floor and decide the girls want to be in 1 room, and DH and me in the other. So, DD gives me her original room key with her name on it (which is the key to the room DH and I will be in). I give her the extra room key to the room her & her friend will be staying in, keeping my original key for that room that's in my name. Now comes the question. I have both original room keys. She has an extra to use instead of her original. What if we want her to be able to charge on her S&S? Can we set it up with the "extra" key for her to be able to charge things, or do I need to give her back her original for during the day so she can charge? I've figured I would need to give her the original for port stops, but I'm not sure how the charging part would work. I'm confused:confused: Way confused. I mean in the ticket contract it plainly states people under 21 will not be allowed to board unlessthe guest is traveling in the stateroom with an individual 25 or older, 2. traveling in the same stateroom as their spouse, or 3. traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. So why can't you just book the kids in a room to begin with?

As long as you book two accompanying rooms you can book the kids in the room next to you from the start and don't have to switch anything. But if you wanted to do the room guaranty then you would have to book an adult with each child. I did a guarantee this past summer. Since our son was 20, just a few months shy of turning 21 and our daughter was only 22 we had to book a parent in each room and do the switch thing. The kids ended up being on the same floor as us but not close by. If I had to do it again I would just pay the little bit more and get the rooms together. Switching was time consuming and it just would have been more convenient to have their room next to ours.

nah, we're not booking guarantee, we were gonna select a cabin, and select an inside for the girls across the hall. Would love to do guarantee, but don't want to wind up with a room here and a room there, so we've decided to select cabins. So, if selecting cabins, we can book the girls in one and us in the other and not have to worry about switching anything? Awesome.:) Apologize for the lengthy earlier post, tend to obsess too much and make myself crazy at times........:eek: really makes ya feel for DH doesn't it?:p

I could go another way with it I guess, is there a category that will comfortably hold 4 people?

I have done 5 people to an inside cabin. WHats the savings if you all go into one cabin? By us doing that we saved over 700.00. Onour cruise next year it will only save us 200 so we opted for two cabins.

Every cat will hold 4 people- not all cabins will hold 4 people.

Then it also depends on how much those teen girs like to primp before dinner-- only one bathroom- (but we only get one bathroom at home too and we manage) the girls can always take showers in the gym/spa area in roomier stalls.

or you can tell them they have to get showers earlier then right before dinner.

PS- part of obsession about a cabin selection is part of planning a great vacation.

IMHO-- a balcony cat 8 might serve your purpose-- you get the balcony to escape to while another is in the shower-- the balcony also gets you alone time with your DH.

Archived