tendering in western ports

brovol

my family and i are on the november 18 star sailing, which is a western itinerary. i know that, after the last few hurricanes, tenders were required for cozumel, and grand cayman. does anyone know if that has, or is about to change? i generally just like to get off the ship for about an hour, and walk around, then take my kids back to the ship pools. if getting off the ship requires a tender, i probably will not get off at all. any info would be appreciated.

Ron is correct. Grand Cayman is always a tender port and Cozumel is still working on rebuilding their docks and don't have full capacity yet.

If you don't go ashore, I think your kids would be missing out on some interesting experiences unless they've been to both ports several times before. Unless your kids are very young, it'd be educational to explore Grand Cayman's wild life and swim with the dolphins or visit the Mayan ruins while in port at Cozumel.

We just got back from our western caribbean cruise on the CB. In Grand Cayman we tendered and in Cozumel we were docked. They just finished the Punta Langosta Pier. The only other ship in port with us was the Carnival Inspiration and they docked at the international pier. If you go to the Cozumel ports of call board you can find more info.

Archived