Golden for Drydock also?

gdoyle

Is the Golden scheduled for drydock prior to it's transatlantic crossing next month? I believe the Grand is going to drydock. We're scheduled for the 12/16 W Carb. and hope that new bedding is installed.

Is the Golden scheduled for drydock prior to it's transatlantic crossing next month? I believe the Grand is going to drydock. We're scheduled for the 12/16 W Carb. and hope that new bedding is installed.

Not to my knowledge. This is the first time I ever heard such a thing RE the Golden Princess.

We were told by an officer ( 09/09/2006 cruise) that the Golden will be in wet dock for 1 week

We'll be on the T/A cruise after the Golden comes out of its 1 week "wet dock" time and have been trying to find out what is going to be done also. Originally I heard they were going to be installing MUTS but then I saw a post where it said Princess was holding up on retrofitting the older Grand class ships with MUTS because not everyone was happy with it. New bedding would be nice for our cruise but from what I have heard they are only upgrading the Mini-suites and up and we are in a regular BA cat balcony cabin and probably wouldn't get it anyway. Personally I think Princess should follow what HAL did and upgrade all cabins with better mattresses and bedding.

Oh well if anyone hears what is going be done please post it.

Here is a link to our roll call for the cruise if anyone is going to be on the ship for the T/A cruise and hasn't joined it yet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263842

Have a great next cruise.

We'll be on the T/A cruise after the Golden comes out of its 1 week "wet dock" time and have been trying to find out what is going to be done also. Originally I heard they were going to be installing MUTS but then I saw a post where it said Princess was holding up on retrofitting the older Grand class ships with MUTS because not everyone was happy with it. New bedding would be nice for our cruise but from what I have heard they are only upgrading the Mini-suites and up and we are in a regular BA cat balcony cabin and probably wouldn't get it anyway. Personally I think Princess should follow what HAL did and upgrade all cabins with better mattresses and bedding.

Oh well if anyone hears what is going be done please post it.

Here is a link to our roll call for the cruise if anyone is going to be on the ship for the T/A cruise and hasn't joined it yet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263842

Have a great next cruise.

Thanks you have a great cruise too. If you can, when you return could you please post on what work was done during the wet dock?

TIA

......Originally I heard they were going to be installing MUTS but then I saw a post where it said Princess was holding up on retrofitting the older Grand class ships with MUTS because not everyone was happy with it.......

The Princess MUTS "to install / not install" decision is more based on the planned itineraries for the ship. Alaska and Europe are not natural "view a movie under the stars" itineraries. So why spend probably $1 million plus for something folks won't use. On the Caribbean routes it makes more sense (or cents).:D

I've heard the Golden Princess is going into a mini-dry ("wet") dock in Palermo, Italy for 7 days (November 22 - 28, 2006) for carpet replacement in passenger areas & cabins; upholstery replacement; and plumbing work.

I think the bedding has only been upgraded in the suites and mini suites. Not sure about the regular inside and outside cabins.

Archived