Tour Time Start in Naples??

We told our guides what time we would dock and then followed their suggestion for pick up time. They usually gave us a half hour window to shoot for. All of their timing recommendations were right on. They all were waiting for us when we disembarked. I did email and confirm 4-5 days before our cruise.

We just got back from the Med and made the mistake in Naples of waiting till you hear the announcement that the ship has cleared. DONT WAIT! We were probably the last ones off the ship! :-( Still we had a fabulous day with Marcello along the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii.

I agree with the last poster in trying to get off the ship and started on your tour as early as you possibly can. It will continue to get hotter and hotter during the day and missing the cooler morning hours would be a mistake. We looked at the ships schedule when we were there last year and pretty well asked our guides to be available at the dock as close to the time the schedule suggested we would be docked. To be honest I would rather they be there early and have to wait on us a little bit rather than us waiting on them or just wasting time on the ship when we could be touring. Hopefully none of our guides will read this post and hold it against me the next time we cruise the Med.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived