Adventure Ocean Clubs

Can someone tell me if the clubs are open on the day of departure? Also do they have a limit of how many children they will allow to participate. We are crusing over Thanksgiving and I'm expecting there will be plenty of children....

Registration is on the day of departure - so the club is open for that between certain hours (not sure what they are).

Sorry - I don't know if there is a limit to the # of kids....

Can someone tell me if the clubs are open on the day of departure? Also do they have a limit of how many children they will allow to participate. We are crusing over Thanksgiving and I'm expecting there will be plenty of children....

Last year on Voyager AO was not open to drop off the kids the day of depature All they do is register kids . I'm not sure if they have a limit.

Cali :)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

On the 3 RCI cruises we have taken, the kids club rooms have been open on the day of embarkation for open house visits only. You can see the facilities and meet one or two counsdelors. They have a family welcome aboard show to introduce everyone to the program later in the evening... usually around the same time as the general welcome aboard show. Then, families can go to the age appropriate rooms to sign their kids up. Dont worry if you cant make it to sign up that evening... you can do it on your first visit to the kids club.

I am sure they do have a limit on the number of kids allowed in at one time... but we have never had an issue as we dont travel at peak times for children. Also, not all the kids will use the program at the same times. There are a few things that you need to sign up for in advance... like the dining with the staff nights. Be sure to sign up early on those mornings if you would like your children to participate. You can call up to the kids club on those mornings if you are running off the ship early for an excursion.

Also do they have a limit of how many children they will allow to participate. We are crusing over Thanksgiving and I'm expecting there will be plenty of children....
Not sure if this is what you were asking, but when a particular ship and sailing reaches it's absolute limit for Adventure Ocean, RCI will simply stop allowing additional bookings which include kids. Thus, once you've booked, they are already expecting your children and they will not be denied enrollment. In summary, each AO director knows the maximum number of kids in each age group, and thus staff and order supplies accordingly. We're cruising Thanksgiving too so expect a VERY crowded AO! BTW, what ship are you sailing?

We've cruised twice with our kids (Empress and AOS)... Both times they've had registration embarkation day, as well as a short camp session for the kids... First time I used that night so that my kids would get a taste of the camp, and made their minds up.. Second time around we were traveling with another family with kids, and we used that night so that my daughter could show their daughter what the camp was like, and she could try it for a short time.. .

So yes, there is a chance for the kids to go to camp the first night; but if my memory serves me right, it is not so long of a session...

If your kid(s) have never been to Adventure Ocean, be prepared to loose them for the lenght of your cruise... ;) The free program is until 10:00 PM; but they can stay from 10 PM - 1 AM for $5 per hour per child. My girl and her friend asked to stay every night when I showed up around 10 to pick her up; and by 1 AM when we were all ready to go to bed (and the parents of the other girl thought she would be sleeping) both girls were just smiling, happy, and sometimes even asking for a late night snack...

As I said, I do not know if this is the first time they'll do adventure ocean; but if it is, let me know and I'll be happy to share some experiences so that you know what to expect...

:)

I have some questions, we are going on the Splendour of the Seas in March with my daughter(almost 4 yr and son 8 yr) for the time period between 10-1am, will they combine the groups? I am not sure if you know the answer but I am sure my son will be able to stay up with no problem but if the younger kids are tired are able to fall aspleep there?

Not sure if this is what you were asking, but when a particular ship and sailing reaches it's absolute limit for Adventure Ocean, RCI will simply stop allowing additional bookings which include kids. Thus, once you've booked, they are already expecting your children and they will not be denied enrollment. In summary, each AO director knows the maximum number of kids in each age group, and thus staff and order supplies accordingly. We're cruising Thanksgiving too so expect a VERY crowded AO! BTW, what ship are you sailing?

We are sailing on the Soveriegn departing the 20th. I just want everyone to enjoy their vacation and have a great time for the Holiday. I have two DS, one is 8 and the other 14 so not to much in common at this stage - so I think having a bunch of others kids to interact with is going to be great. Thanks for your reply.

We are sailing on the Soveriegn departing the 20th. I just want everyone to enjoy their vacation and have a great time for the Holiday. I have two DS, one is 8 and the other 14 so not to much in common at this stage - so I think having a bunch of others kids to interact with is going to be great. Thanks for your reply.
We're on Radiance departing Port Everglades on the 19th for the Western Caribbean. Have a great cruise! :)

I have some questions, we are going on the Splendour of the Seas in March with my daughter(almost 4 yr and son 8 yr) for the time period between 10-1am, will they combine the groups? I am not sure if you know the answer but I am sure my son will be able to stay up with no problem but if the younger kids are tired are able to fall aspleep there?

For late nights, they combine groups only if the counts are low... but we never saw them combine the lowest age group with any other. The 6-8 went down to the older group room often, but they separated into activity groups from there (movie, crafts, ball playing.) Younger kids who might want to go to sleep can, but, we never saw them sleeping!

As for open on departure day - On the Voyager and Explorer there was NO drop off for departure day. Registration and open house and family welcome show only.

Archived