5 Day Enchantment of the Seas 10/ 14-19/

1st mate

DW and I just recently returned from Enchantment, we had a wonderful cruise, except it was too short.

We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale on Fri afternoon, stayed the night at the Shearton Yankee Clipper.(not a bad place to stay, it is on the beach)

We got a taxi Sat. a.m. about 10:45 we were at the pier in ten minutes or so. Had to wait in the waiting area approximatly 10-15 minutes(at most) the check-in process was quick and effiecent. We were on the ship in no time at all!!

This was our first look at Enchantment since it was stretched. It is nice!

The addition to the pool area is very attractive and adds new character to the ship. We had a 7th deck balcony cabin. The cabin was neat and clean, with new bedding, that was very comfortable. Our cabin steward was very effecient, but we did not see him very often.

Had main seating at dinner and the food was very good. The wait staff was a bit slow and little unorganized, but this was not a problem, (we were not in a hurry to go anywhere). Over-all the dinning experience was more than satisfactory. Lobster was server on the 5th night!

Chops was a very nice dining experience. The lamb and the veal chop were excellent!!!!!!!!

The evening shows were good, the RC singers and dancers delivered 2 very good shows and Steven Scott was super!!!!!!!!!!!

The Windjammer Cafe can be crowded at times making it difficult to find a seat, especially on sea days. Have patience the lines move quickly. The food was good, with a wide selection of which to choose. You will not walk away hungry.

The crew worked around the pool area day and night. The sanders used during the day were a little distracting and noisy. At night they were replacing carpet on the pool deck, a section at a time, but were always finished early so that the pool deck could be used that day.

The "couples hot stone massage" was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Highly recommend giving it a try.

The ship looks well cared for, the crew was constantly working on maintaining the appearance and the facilities.

We had a wonderful and enjoyable cruise. We would suggest this ship and the five day itinerary to anyone looking for a short cruise. Time to think about our next cruise...

Happy to hear the good report. I've just booked a five day cruise on EOS for June. This will be the oldest and smallest ship we have been on (a concern for my husband, who is a firm believer in bigger and newer=better) but most reports I've read have been very positive. The stretched pool deck looks great in all the photos. My kids will miss Johnny Rockets though!

You will be surprized at how big this ship is. We were on this ship before the stretch and it has increased in size. It is a very nice ship. Granted, there is not a Johnny Rockets, but I believe your kids will not be that disappointed!! They do have a climbing wall and jump zone. The pool area has been increased and offers more space than before.

The bedding in our room was new and very comfortable. "Bigger is not always Better". You will enjoy this ship and all of it's amenitites. Have fun and Enjoy.

DW and I just recently returned from Enchantment, we had a wonderful cruise....

The "couples hot stone massage" was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Highly recommend giving it a try.

The ship looks well cared for, the crew was constantly working on maintaining the appearance and the facilities

Wife and I were on her a few years back and had a BLAST! We are headed out on her again 12/18/2006 with a good sized group. I want to treat her with a "couples massage". What was the price of this treatmenton the ship? I am going to TRY and surprise her. She has asked about it but I keep making excuses for her to NOT worry and try and book it. I want it to be a total surprise. This is if it's not WAY over priced...

Thanks in advance,

Allen :)

Allen, The cost was $130.00/person. We had a coupon from C&A book. I really do not remember what the listed cost was. Plus we tipped $10.00 (cash). It is pricey, but we did not go on any shore excursions. This was our excursion. One thought, we scheduled our massage the day we boarded so we could pick a time we wanted. It was wonderful!!!!!!!! and relaxing!!!!!!!!

Just off the EOS on 10/23/06...had a blast...

NO TV!!! I was devastated....the BIG screen in Schooners was down for the count!! I didnt want to sit in my stateroom and watch TV, so I went without...and I lived to tell about it!!

have a great time!!

Archived