ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

[quote name='Hobie']Did you guys see this statement on the daily activities schedule on the RSVP site:

[SIZE=1][LEFT][COLOR=mediumturquoise]Please do not flush condoms down your toilet. The plumbing on the ship is necessarily complicated and condoms can create clogs which prevent all the cabins around you from using the toilet until the clog is located and dissolved. Please note technicians are able to determine which cabin created the clog.[/COLOR]

Those technicians are good![/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/quote]

They must have learnt that expertise during all those straight cruises. :D

[quote name='thulewx']
And worse - I remember one a couple years ago on Westerdam - these 2 ditzes brought candles, lit them and then left - fire destroyed their cabin and one on either side.:rolleyes: They left the cruise that day, of course.[/quote]

< note to self> Take those candles out of the luggage....

Tim n' Rick, I am excited for the cruise as well, but your little countdown thingy says the cruise is on the 24th and earlier you said you're so glad it's the 19th already. Unless I am missing something, I thought the ship sets sail on the 25th and today is the 18th.

It's been a full 5 weeks here in Toronto of the temps being minus 20 every single night and I can't wait to be on board with you guys watching the oscars in my pjs under the stars.

Josh
E111

[quote name='Hogthrob']Tim n' Rick, I am excited for the cruise as well, but your little countdown thingy says the cruise is on the 24th and earlier you said you're so glad it's the 19th already. Unless I am missing something, I thought the ship sets sail on the 25th and today is the 18th.
[/quote]

Hog - Yep, you are correct. My countdown actually is to the day Ricky and I leave North Carolina and today is the 18th but I was refering to tomorrow.

I do have the strong desire to make today the 19th though as it brings us closer to sailing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I was out of town last week and thankfully we have a 3 day weekend to prepare, shop and pack for next weekend!!! We have been out since 1pm today and just got home (8:30 EST now). I am exhausted!

We bought all of our costumes!!! We ended up going with our original idea for the Superhero party and we have gone all out! I know mine will be hot as in (sweating my ass off) not the other one. We maybe depending on what you are into! haha :D

We bought some door decorations, white board, etc. Of course some new shoes and sandals.

Tomorrow we will pack EVERTHING! Then we can relax the rest of this week and head out Saturday morning!!!

It was great to catch up on all the posts! We can't wait to see everyone at the Cubby Hole on Saturday! :)

[quote name='cjswitzerland'][quote name='Tim-n-Rick']
I was looking at the Oscars website and noticed that there is a printable ballot. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a Oscars pool. Throw a few dollars in the pot and the one with the most correct on their ballot takes all. Just a thought.
[/quote]

Sounds like a fun idea. I can print out a bunch of ballots and bring it along. What say ya's?

Now to come up with a tie-breaker question...

I know you think we are all nuts down here to bitch about it being in the 40's at night, but when you've lived in warm climates for a while (15 years for me now) - trust me, it's like going into a freezer for us. Thankfully, as david said, we should be warm again in time for you all to come down and escape the cold.

So I'm thinking Cubby Hole will be followed by a trip over to Georgie's...depending on how organized I am.

I actually went to buy a an extra large rolling duffel today for the stuff that doesn't have to worry about wrinkles... but couldn't make up my mind. Back to the store tomorrow. Ralph laughs at me, until it comes time to pack and all I hear is "can I put this in your bag?....oh, can I put this in your bag, too?.... wait, here's something else - it's just a pair of shoes...."

[quote name='Cruisydave']but to us......my gay god!!!....it's nippy!!

david[/quote]

I know what you mean... I spent the last 12 years in Thule, Greenland, near the North pole (avg. Feb temp -25 degrees), but recently moved to Georgia for the warmth and it's amazing how fast I've adjusted. So much so, that our low of 30 degrees (this morning) is COLD!

P.S. I think the proper term isn't "nippy," It's [I][B]Nipply[/B][/I] :D !!

Ok so now I really know I have gone nutty and need this vacation. On my desk at school I have a list of numbers from 1 to 30 (appropriately arranged in rainbow colors) that I am crossing through one number as each class walks out the door. Am I pathetic or what? LOL

Oh well. It helps me get through the day.

Christopher

Yikes :eek:

32/33 degress in west Dade this morning in the Miami area. My co-worker who lives in the western suburbs of the county had to scrap ice off her windshield this morning.

But don't worry snowbirds and those who live in cold regions as Matt said this will all be gone by the time you arrive. This will be our last cold weather this week. It's supposed to be up in the mid 80's for the high by Saturday. :D

We are going to attend the 8:30AM service at Sunshine MCC Fort Lauderdale on Sunday morning. If anyone else would like to meet there just email me. Here is there web address: [URL]http://www.sunshinecathedral.org/[/URL]

My hubby is renting a mini van during our stay in FLL.....we may need that to transport our luggage around.....lol.

Andy Barten
[EMAIL="andybar10@hotmail.com"]andybar10@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

Yikes :eek:

32/33 degress in west Dade this morning in the Miami area. My co-worker who lives in the western suburbs of the county had to scrap ice off her windshield this morning.

But don't worry snowbirds and those who live in cold regions as Matt said this will all be gone by the time you arrive. This will be our last cold weather this week. It's supposed to be up in the mid 80's for the high by Saturday. :D

I meant as Matt and David said up in the 80's by the weekend :D

Just so everyone knows-Pennsylvania's roads are all OPEN-and better than ever! See the world today, in your Chevrolet! One day we just might make it up to #48 on the worst roads in the U.S. Sadly, PennDOT is no match for Harrisburg City when it comes to procrastination.

Dave-did you get 6 inch wagon ruts in the ice when you had that cold snap? :-)

GET ME OUTTA HERE!

Well on this side of the world we continue to experience unseasonable warmth. The ski resorts are really suffering. It is not just the lack of snow falling but the fact that it has been hovering just above freezing point so they can't even make much snow.

I guess I should not complain in comparison to what most of you have been dealing with but it has been awfully grey here. So the sunshine is what I am really looking forward to seeing.

Christopher

Well on this side of the world we continue to experience unseasonable warmth. The ski resorts are really suffering. It is not just the lack of snow falling but the fact that it has been hovering just above freezing point so they can't even make much snow.

I guess I should not complain in comparison to what most of you have been dealing with but it has been awfully grey here. So the sunshine is what I am really looking forward to seeing.

Christopher

The sunshine is here and waiting for you Chris. ;)

Kip....all the bars here close according to the city law of the municipality in which they are located. For the most part, all bars close at 3am on Friday and Saturday nights here.....the exception to that are bars located on the new river area of downtown and in plantation which are open til 4am.....so after you hit Cubby Hole, Alibi, Boardwalk, Sidelines, Boom, Bill's Filling Station or the new country bar Scandals, your after 3am choices are narrowed to China White on Friday night which is in downtown Fort Laud at Broward and SW 2nd Ave and Torpedo which is about 1/2 mile west of 95 on Broward. Just be warned that China White although a great bar/club does attract a YOUNG crowd....at 38 I am generally the oldest person in the bar when I go there LOL.....Saturday, you will want to avoid CW as it is lesbian night there and almost no men go there on Sat...

Greg

Matt or others in FLL:

For those of us arriving late in FL, like around midnight. Are there any late night places open on Friday night? Why does the Cubby seem to close so early?

Kip

with RSVP - are they still handing out those baseball caps and mustard-colored backpacks?

They are still handing out backpacks although last year it was more of a beach bag. I have'nt received a cap in years though.

Jim

Over the years they've given fanny packs, gym bags, shoulder bags, backpacks, beachbags... and I remember when they used to give a different teddy bear for each cruise, plus the caps.:(

PLUS, I just called them to see if they got my fax and to find out my conf. booking number. They're CLOSED for Pres. day - a week before a cruise and they're closed? Does anyone but US Gov't really close for Pres. day?

Hmmm...:mad:

Archived