ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

It was great to meet everyone ! Some I saw only once and others pretty often...

I tried to send a note out this am and my old computer crashed...

Matt, Mike, and Gary, I only stayed up till 4:00 am dancing that one night... I couldn't do that all the time... :) Most nights in by 1:00 am...

Bingo was great ! Especially with the church hats !!! Please pass thos epictures on... More later ! Bill

Welcome home everyone! :( Would definately rather be on the ship.

We got home at midnight Sunday and haven't stopped since we got home.

We had a great time and really enjoyed meeting everyone that we did. It seems like we just got on the ship and it was already time to leave. We are really looking forward to next year, just wish that we didn't have to wait that long.

Have a great night everyone,

Kent & Andy

Wow, that was a fantastic cruise! It was great to meet everyone.

You know that you've had a great vacation when you find yourself smiling and giggling to yourself throughout the day! It may be 14 degrees in New York, but I'm still basking in the happy glow of last week.

I agree that the ship was huge, and while very comfortable, there's something to be said for the social chemistry and camaraderie of closer quarters. There are so many people that I unfortunately saw but once, such was the vastness of the ship.

But we'll just have to hop on the next cruise and catch up!

Regarding Jägermeister = bad, this may be true, but I'll tell you, it was so much fun and mirth-engendering, that I think the badness might have been worth it!

Hope everyone is well.

Bask in that glow!!!

Walter

IMG_1424b.jpg.91f19d882d1264645ee2ae2525a4a4b3.jpg

Morning gang !

I just had to make my own coffee... :( It doesn't taste as good, and there aren't any sites to look at... Maybe I'll have to start getting my coffee at Java Boys in Wilton Manors ! :)

This was my first gay cruise, and it won't be the last. :) The Baltic in July, with Atlantis and Christopher, will be here before you know it !

As I was waiting for my ride home from the port, and I saw Thelma Houston getting in her limo !

Wish I was playing Bingo with the "Church lady" today, or how about a catamaran ride and champagne !

Take care and best wishes to everyone ! Bill

Hello cruisers...

Reading how great it was makes me a bit envious and as I am figuring out a future cruise to take I was wondering if people noticed any material differences in this cruise as a result of the Planetout purchase or whether it was on par with other RSVP cruises.

I also saw a press release earlier from planetout that entertainment would be 'over the top' on this cruise and was wondering if that was in fact true.

Thanks

James

Finally got all 490 :eek: photos posted. Feel free to share this link with any and all. Yeah, there are lots of photos of US - but you all are in there somewhere (at least those I was able to get on camera!)

Now I just have to get some videos loaded onto YOU TUBE and I will share those as well (Thelma performing DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY and Kimberley performing 8TH WORLD WONDER) :D

AND YES - THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS BETTER THAN EXPECTED!!!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=mv79azj.cep7fhqr&Uy=-9oundv&Ux=0

l_61e218df9c6252f444f47acb7897fe94.jpg

wow... what a great trip. I hope y'all had as nice a time as I did. I was amazed at how I was still meeting many of you up until the very last night. Some brief hellos, some longer times together and all very enjoyable. You all made for a great trip. Now back to life and reality... sigh.

A bit sad cause I didn't book for next years Zuiderdam trip, but will prolly hold out for the (unannounced as of yet) Mexican Riviera cruise instead in October 2008. It will be another that RSVP partners with Lazy Bear but that's all I know at this point.

Anyway, hope everyone settles back to life a-ok. Hopefully see some of you out and about in the real world again someday :)

Hey all, thanks for being part of what was such a great experience for me as I popped my cruise cherry with a big bang. I was go go go the whole week and so if I didnt get a chance to meet all maybe there's the next time.

I still feel the motion of the boat and my stomach has been quite off since disembarkation. I guess the trick is to never get off the boat since I felt fine the whole time at sea.

It's been more freezing than ever before back here in toronto but I'm all tanned, relaxed and with a BIG smile on my face.

Cheers,

Josh

Everything about this cruise was great from the short, painless check in to the speedy express checkout Sunday morning.

This ship was one of the best that I have sailed on. It wasn't the best for the intimate bonding that happens with a group sailing on a smaller ship. I think next years parties will also be better since they will be located on the back of the ship around the pool. Should be a constant breeze. The Leather/Construction night was really warm if you were down near the pool....not a breeze felt that night.

My cabin (C626) was very nice. I enjoyed having the larger balcony that was partially covered. I didn't hang out on it much, but it was nice in the mornings and late evenings.

Does anyone know the background of Ruth & Gurt? I give them thumbs up for attending every event in some kind of Campy drag. They should of won for the Best Costume.

I am booked for next years cruise to the Western Caribbean. Looking forward to another fun time, and meeting new friends.

Anyone going to IML in Chicago Memorial weekend?

Btw, I guess I had that mystery bug too as I had a super case of the chills in the FLL airport Sunday morning to the point where I needed a full winter parka and hat and was still shivering sitting there. I wonder how these bugs circulate anyways?! I had just figured this was the result of late-night boogeying on the Skywalker deck but I have never had disco-related chills before.

Anyways, even that did not dampen my mood. This was an amazing trip!!!:)

Thanks

Btw, I guess I had that mystery bug too as I had a super case of the chills in the FLL airport Sunday morning to the point where I needed a full winter parka and hat and was still shivering sitting there. I wonder how these bugs circulate anyways?! I had just figured this was the result of late-night boogeying on the Skywalker deck but I have never had disco-related chills before.

Anyways, even that did not dampen my mood. This was an amazing trip!!!:)

Thanks for the amazing pics John and Leonard. I like feeling the memories associated with the one I am in (DSCO3450)!!! Was lots of fun.

here's a link to the pictures I've posted. Quite a few of the group here and there:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=vbzaem1.c3m4rq5p&x=0&y=j832ba

Scott has yet to make the bed, turn it down at night, or change the towels. Did I mention the lack of chocolates on the pillow? It's awful. How am I expected to live in these conditions?? I miss my cabin-boy.

cheers!

Kevin (and Scott, the non-attentive)

Finally got all 490 :eek: photos posted. Feel free to share this link with any and all. Yeah, there are lots of photos of US - but you all are in there somewhere (at least those I was able to get on camera!)

Now I just have to get some videos loaded onto YOU TUBE and I will share those as well (Thelma performing DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY and Kimberley performing 8TH WORLD WONDER) :D

AND YES - THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS BETTER THAN EXPECTED!!!!

These are GREAT pics guys... and you even got a pic of my friends and I getting our portrait taken on Construction night... I'm the one lying on the ground in front (I attached a copy so you know which I'm talking about here). How fun... thanks for sharing these :)

244160456403_0_ALB.jpg.8e6b75b7d8c2cc7ae582fa4ef14d9526.jpg

Wow - I swore I took more photos - guess I was having too much fun. 30 pix of the cruise are up at:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mtm999fll/albums/

Let me know if you have trouble accessing. I believe I have made them "public".

perezhilton had a photo of Kimberly in her underwear on his site yesterday. :)

Let's see, last week at this time I was having cocktails on a deck high above the open ocean....

Well we are back in Chicago and Buck is still not feeling well. :eek: Good grief! Lots of coughing and congestion.

At least I seemed to miss catching whatever he has.:)

Janet and Maria, it was great to see you again, are you thinking about going next year? Lets meet up at Campit sometime this summer!!

It was great getting to meet everyone although we did not get to spend much quality time with many people as we were traveling with a lot of friends.

Thanks again to all who posted such great information.

Cheers to all!!

Jeff

Bret, looked like you had a good time.:D

I have the same thing Buck has...a gross chest cold. It's nasty. Still, the cruise was awesome and I have no regrets but it's a bit creepy that these bugs are so prevalent on these ships. Hope we all feel better soon!

I too have been dealing with the congestion and ick. I think that I had it kiscked and then caught some bug that some of my colleagues brought back from their trip to Morocco.

But no matter how bad I have felt this week,nothing can over shadow the week we all spent together crusing the Caribbean.

So disappointed that next year's scheduled Cribbean cruise does not match my school schedule.

Christopher

Archived