ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Hi everyone,

This is my first ever Gay Cruise. I've only been on one other cruise and that was about 5 years ago. I'm looking forward to being with "family" and enjoying a week filled with Sun, Fun and Adventure. Being single, I hope to meet many people from around the globe. The Underwear Party, Leather Party, and the Red Party sound fantastic. I guess I need to go shopping beforehand to get some fabulous attire for those events...and the pool of course. If anyone has any advice for a first time gay cruiser, or any of the events that you recommend as "don't miss", especially for someone who is single, let me know.

See you all in 22 days!

Hugs,

-Joseph, or you can call me Joe, or Joey

;)

But anyway....I will be bringing a bunch of Swiss Chocolate for all the friends and ''family'' from this board. SO I am taking requests as to the kinds of chocolate people like. I will bring an assortment but need to know who prefers dark, milk, white, with nuts, without nuts (remember I am talking about chocolate here guys and gals;) )

As a friend said to me before a trip to Amsterdam: "Bring me bitter chocolates, because that's the way I am". (No, I am not really bitter. Really.)

And I have a story of Swiss chocolates vs. German chocolates, but that's something to talk about on the cruise. :)

Got the schedule from him! He knows how to put a smile on a guy's face!

And Christopher....chocolates!!! Yum! When I was a child I liked white chocolate the best (loved to bite off bunnies ears at Easter), but now the dark chocolate is a favorite since it is supposed to be "healthier".

Got the schedule from him! He knows how to put a smile on a guy's face!

And Christopher....chocolates!!! Yum! When I was a child I liked white chocolate the best (loved to bite off bunnies ears at Easter), but now the dark chocolate is a favorite since it is supposed to be "healthier".

Yay for David! He sent it to me too. :)

Steven

Thanks David! Looks like we are going to have a great time! So much to do. Note to self: Try not to drink too much, must get up early!

We gained another American Idol finalist RJ Helton who is hotter than Kimberly but I don't know any of his songs.

Dendren, thanks for the touching words. I'm sorry your hubby can't join you. With this group you will have an awesome time. Ricky and I owe you a drink. :)

I can't believe I was worried when I booked this cruise that the ship would be full of attitude. If the fellowship and fun on this board are mirrored on the ship I truly cannot wait.

Thanks David! Looks like we are going to have a great time! So much to do. Note to self: Try not to drink too much, must get up early!

I don't see Kimberly Locke on the schedule, but we gained another American Idol finalist RJ Helton who is hotter but I don't know any of his songs.

Dendren, thanks for the touching words. I'm sorry your hubby can't join you. With this group you will have an awesome time. Ricky and I owe you a drink. :)

I can't believe I was worried when I booked this cruise that the ship would be full of attitude. If the fellowship and fun on this board are mirrored on the ship I truly cannot wait.

tim, i must add to your comment...........

i too, was a little fearful the first time (costa rica/panama) that there would be attitude because john and i are the "older set" at this point in our lives, and i was afraid we'd be kind of outcasts, not being young and pretty anymore.........and i was floored at how very little of that there was.....everyone we met.......including the few gals on board.....were just so "attitude free"......it was such a pleasure the entire week.........

now, granted, (and i must toot my own horn a bit here), i happen to be a very outgoing, gregarious fellow and generally get along well with others, having been a bartender for 22 years, but even including that, i was surprised and pleased by the entire tenor of the trip.........i'm expecting that again. and as you said, if this board is any indication.......we're good to go.........<G>

david

Christopher - make mine dark :) And check your email - I am happy to help with the shipping.

I will try to sit patiently, hoping for an email from David :)

One thing I noticed on the Westerdam was how little attitude there was. Everyone, for the most part, seems to want to mingle and have fun...even those young circuity types who seem to only come out at night :)

A thousand thank you's David! You made my day. And how cool to see their notes to the Princess cruise staff :)

So how do we feel about a CC get together on Monday afternoon? Either 1:30 (before Chi Chi and the films)... or say 5 ish after Bingo?

Finally we can make a large group meeting plan. My vote is for those who wish join together and PLAY BINGO and then those who do not want to pay can join us afterward. We can then wander over to the Welcome Aboard Cocktail party.

Wow on open bar for an hour during the Ballz T dance. That ought to be interesting.

Christopher

Just grab me and drag me along.........

Chocolate......I will do just about anything for milk chocolate. Sex is great, but chocolate..........oh baby oh baby oh baby........

I may be a carnivor like T Rex........but chocolate..oh baby oh baby oh baby.

I know what makes Christopher hit the high notes.....wink wink wink......for me its chocolate. Put a Hershey kiss somewhere and watch it melt........then I dive in ......

Bingo...I am there, cocktails I am there, sit by the pool....I am there.....telling sea tales.....I am there listening and eating guess what.

wish list......he has a bald head, love trail and a box of chocolates.....who said I have a one track mind. Oh and a speedo......in chocolate brown color.....enough already LOL

I am so obsessed with this board! The thought of this cruise just enthralls me. Were you all this excited with your first cruise? We haven't even left port yet and I am thinking about our next trip. I feel like such a hick! I've never left the South and this trip seems like such an adventure for me / us.

Talking with you all makes me want to see the world via ship. All be it a ship filled with fabulous gay men and women (and my Ricky of course.)

I am envious of those of you who have tasted the world. I suppose I feel as if a door is opening that will lead to the adventures I dreamed of as a youth.

Maybe it's the four glasses of wine, but a spark has ignited in my heart that was extinguished for a while.

I am so obsessed with this board! The thought of this cruise just enthralls me. Were you all this excited with your first cruise? We haven't even left port yet and I am thinking about our next trip. I feel like such a hick! I've never left the South and this trip seems like such an adventure for me / us.

Talking with you all makes me want to see the world via ship. All be it a ship filled with fabulous gay men and women (and my Ricky of course.)

I am envious of those of you who have tasted the world. I suppose I feel as if a door is opening that will lead to the adventures I dreamed of as a youth.

Maybe it's the four glasses of wine, but a spark has ignited in my heart that was extinguished for a while.

Hi Tim and Rick, Maria and I get just as excited after 7 of these as the first time. We are in KKK territory and lead a very non-out life. These are the most empowering times that we ever have had in our lives. We think that we probably enjoy it much more than a lot of cruisers, because some people are very out in their normal lives. We feel like we have to be closet cases for our own safety at times. When we get off the boat, we have to remember to quit touching each other in public or saying "Honey" out loud. Every cruise bonds us together so much.

Bingo is probably our favorite thing to do and whether it's Paul or Danny Williams, it is absolutely a total blast to play bingo with 2000 gay men. There are so few pretentious attitude ridden people on these cruises, maybe 1% at the most. We have guys that are now close friends with us and we have kept in touch year after year. In fact, we are meeting a guy in Lauderdale for dinner that we met on our first cruise ever during the Country Western dance lessons.

The game and matchmaker are great also, make sure you don't miss those.

Because I have such a poor memory I have gone back and compiled a directory of sorts of those of us who have included our names in our posts. I do not mean to exclude anyone so if I glanced over your name in reviewing the posts please let me know.

Also, if I have attributed the wrong names with the screen name I apologize in advance...

MattInFll - Matt and Ralph (our most gracious host)

RMS Olympic - Tom (Bertha)

Gigand - Jim and Terry

cjswitzerland - Christopher

jimnbillnpa - Jim and Bill

Dendren - Phil

2cruisinchiks - Janet and Maria

Joe and Ivan - Joe and Ivan

Monumax - Max and Bob

kenth59 - Kent and Andy

mikec5426 - Mike and Gary

GregFL - Greg

promenadedeck - Steven