ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

How wonderful to see all the new posters! Welcome! This is a fun group!

I am doing the Dutch / French tour which allows me to be touristy.

Hi Tim which one did you schedule ?

I was thinking of signing up for that too !

Bill in Witon Manors...

I have decided not to to something too "big" for super hero. I just wouldn't look good in tights :) So I found this store on the internet that stocks all kinds of super hero t-shirts, and lucky for me they have larger sizes too. :) If anyone else is looking to be in the spirit, without being all dressed up:

http://www.superherostuff.com

I ordered on Monday and had the package by Thursday with regular shipping, so they have excellent service.

Welcome welcome welcome all new arrivals.

So almost50 Cruise Critic Passengers! What a presence we will have. Hopefully Matt can convince RSVP to list our gathering in the schedule. I updated the list with the changes that have been mentioned over the las few posts as well as some logical guesses on the unnamed at the end of the list.

Tim- I am scheduled for the ATV excursion as well. I'll keep an eye on Rick for you.;) Seriously though, I would be interested in sharing cab fare over to Orient Beach after the excursions.

MattInFll - Matt and Ralph C605

RMS Olympic - Tom (Bertha) P310

Gigand - Jim and Terry R411

cjswitzerland - Christopher B249

jimnbillnpa - Jim and Bill

Dendren - Phil

2cruisinchiks - Janet and Maria D622

Joe and Ivan - Joe and Ivan C403

with their friends Darrell and Uncle Bill C407

Monumax - Max and Bob C509

kenth59 - Kent and Andy R235

mikec5426 - Mike and Gary

GregFL - Greg E728

promenadedeck - Steven E204

BucknJeff - Buck and Jeff

Boytjie - Peter and Richard

Kalypso333 - Kip and Ken

rhact - Bob

M&D - Mark and Donny

Cruisydave - David and John D711

CruzinYOUcruzinME - Joseph

Ftlwill - Bill

Tim 'n Rick-Tim and Rick C608

2Seattleguys - Scott and Alfonso A428

DeanAndRick4fun - Dean and Rick

Beartrappr (I believe this is John and Jay, our hosts at the Cubbyhole)

Typhoonwi - Tony and Jerry B431

[/color]TravelerRoss (I think we can assume "Ross")

hotbidudepa

NYC95

bottlerockit

updated

Tim, Matt, et al-thanks for getting us on the list. Our cabin is E731. We're the last balcony on the starboard side. Bill wanted it because he thinks it's a huge balcony, if you look at Carib. Princess pictures, you can see the curve. He says there's only two balconies like it. I'm not so sure. (I hope he's right.) I attached a pic of us from last year if you want to use it. (From canal excursion.)

RMS Tom-You're too kind-not feeling very angelic these days-full of the devil actually. And as for Hershey's Kisses...I work for Hershey Entertainment and Resorts. Any requests anyone? Though not as good as Christopher's Swiss chocolates!!!!!!!!! But will happily bring a couple bags of the new dark chocolate truffle kisses.

Mr. Williams!!!! Welcome, you made Brokeback Mountain's loss bearable last year on the Westerdam. Your commentary was absolutely hysterical-it made the whole evening.

1620420454_RSVP057.jpg.8c0439008ed113c40b25564ffce4ec30.jpg

Thanks Matt for the superhero website. That is just what I needed. Keep it simple.

Welcome Paul. Your church lady Bingo has been a topic of conversation here for about a week. I know that man of us are looking forward to that as well as welcoming you to the CC boards and gatherings.

Uh OH: Jim and Bill have declared Chocolate WAR....LOL. Fear not though Switzerland shall remain neutral. That's probably why the chocolate here is such high quality. They have ahd all that time while others have been fighting to improve it.

Question: Anyone enjoy playing cards? I used to play in college all the time and realy miss it. Hearts, Spades, Whist, 500...you name it. I figure with the 50 of us, I ought to be able to find at least 3 others who play. Who knows maybe more.

Christopher

Cards.......yeah, right. Anything to get people to play strip poker while playing with marked cards. That little smudge of chocolate on each card....oh the shame of it all. I know an evil sister when I see her...even on this board. LOL.

For those interested in a gay beach on ST Maarten...its called Cupecoy beach. It a nice beach on the Dutch side, but small and does get straights. Not built up like Orient, no bars or facilities. There usually is a vendor with cold drinks.

Gee, no one on Plaza deck with me......I have it all by myself......too bad, but then there are no witnesses......and I can use the lobby as my sitting room....cool!

Before I forget....everyone who is not booked on the Rome trip....book already so we can continue the party.

Ciao for now.

Tom

matt,

what an excellent website for the superhero t-shirts.

john and i had decided to simply wear superhero caps that we found at a flea market, but now we've added the matching shirts. that's what we wanted, a t-shirt costume in the caribbean. we'll leave the real costume "drag" to the pros...........LOL

last year we went as the brokeback mountain crowd. schlepping cowboy boots, and huge cowboy hats...one whole suitcase just for drag....

.....this year we're simplifying.......

but i can't wait to see what some of these outrageous queens do......it's such fun........

3 weeks from today......but who's counting..........

david

jim and bill,

i live for hershey kisses........

on my desk is a big jar in which i've mixed:

chocolate macadamia nut

chocolate mint

espresso

cherry cordial

candy cane

i eat a handful every day. can't help it. it's a sickness.......LOL

which is why i'm in panic over a bathing suit in 3 weeks........yikes....

need to lose 5 lbs before the cruise. stop kisses and start crunches...LOL

Uh-oh Dave-the jar of kisses may be more than a weakness...get help while you can. (There's a thread of hope-you didn't have peanut butter kisses on the list.)

I have pic somewhere of our cabin door last year-it was somewhat sedate. I think we'll forgo costumes this year and just concentrate on the door :-)

Good Morning Everyone!

It is a beautiful snowy morning here so I'm working on the .pdf directory I mentioned earlier. For privacy I will only include your photo, name, deck and cabin number. This is just a quick document to help associate a name with a face before we arrive.

So, if you want to send me a photo the email address is thyatt@sejumc.org.

By the way, this is a very photogenic group! The photos you have sent are great.

Good Morning Everyone!

It is a beautiful snowy morning here so I'm working on the .pdf directory I mentioned earlier. For privacy I will only include your photo, name, deck and cabin number. This is just a quick document to help associate a name with a face before we arrive.

So, if you want to send me a photo the email address is thyatt@sejumc.org.

By the way, this is a very photogenic group! The photos you have sent are great.

Hey Tim and Rick..

Would you guys be willing to make that same list, but include email addresses for those of us that want to send them?

That way, we could keep a list to stay in touch after the cruise.... and who knows, maybe get another group together for Alaska! (by odd chance, we *are* going to Alaska!)

I hear that there *may* be a Mediterranean cruise in 2008....

We would be in on that one.

It was -8 here last night. Thats WITHOUT the wind chill, folks!

Hey Tim and Rick..

Would you guys be willing to make that same list, but include email addresses for those of us that want to send them?

Sure Buck. As long as everyone is ok with that I will include email addresses. My job has made me a overly privacy sensitive. Please let me know if you do not wish to have your email published.

hey buck and jeff,

yeah, got chilly here too last night. dipped down to 68 degrees. (ok, i'm being an *****).............LOL

you'll be warming your sweet buns in the tropics 3 weeks from today. you can make it!!!...........

and yes, the email idea on the roster is great. to keep in touch after.......

we're davidk954@aol.com

send pix so i'll know you all.

david

Yee of great will power.....or just beginners.

Try having a waterford crystal bowl on the coffee table in the family room...containing 5 pounds of M&M plain and peanuts....dats what I'm talk'in 'bout.

For some strange reason the ones with the nuts seem to disappear faster than the plain ones.

The living room gets the Dove (individually wrapped candy)...better furniture, better candy. Now the Hershey candy......kitchen, bed room, and office.

Not that I eat any of this......its just for emergencies mind you.

Matt..thanks for the idea about tshirts...now to find the character I want to wear...the one that best describes my personality......mild, meek, reserved and pristine, pure, unsoiled and non descript.

Well back to work.

Ciao.

The pictures you are sending are great. What a cute a.k.a. hot group!

To those of you who have sent email I'm not ignoring you. I installed Windows Vista on my laptop and for some reason I can't reply to messages on Outlook Web Access. I'll have to look at my server on Monday. (No comments from the rest of you I.T. people here.) :p I'll reply on Monday.

Keep sending the photos the directory is going great. If you do not have a color printer and want a printed copy to take with you I will be glad to mail you one just send your mail address along with your photo.

Can ya tell I'm havin' fun???? :D

Hi Gang,

We have'nt posted in awhile. Just got back from an Atlantis cruise and had a wonderful time. This thread has been soooo active I could'nt even read everything to catch up. We are really looking forward to the RSVP cruise and meeting this lively group here. Great looking list of CC names and cabin numbers. I'm not sure who composed it but it was nice to do this.

Jim & Terry :D

Hey Tim - hopefully I will have had positive results from RSVP on Monday or Tuesday, and you can include that info on the listing, so no one has to go looking for it.

Jim & Terry - how was Freedom of the Seas? Would have loved to sail on the biggest ship in the water. (No, I am not a size queen :) )

Tom - oh how I long for the days when I could cruise more than once a year! But this is it for us in 2007. Ralph will be making his annual trip to South Africa to visit the family (he was born there), and I'll be working and studying the summer away.

It definitely is warmer in So. Florida, but it is pouring rain. It's going to be a wet Super Bowl.

Ok Tom can read through me a lot easier then I expected...LOL Tom I am going to have to watch hanging around you. We could get each other into trouble. Actually I don't think I have ever played 'strip pokim'. But there is always a first time. Seriously though. Any card players (of any kind) out there?

Tim It looks like you found something to keep you occupied for a bit and then it's back to waiting waiting waiting.

As for the Roman cruise...I would love to go but not sure if I can afford 3 in one year... I am sailing Atlantis Baltic in July. If there is a last minute deal like for this cruise and I can find someone to share with I would be a lot more likely to go. But I will strive to meet up with those who are going for meal in Rome prior to your departure. I can get round trip airfare from Geneva to Rome for under 100 dollars.

So it has been a week since I set forth the 10s challenge. For those of you that have joined in, how's it going? Personally I have not succeded in the exact exercise that I had plannedm but I am pleased to say that I am down 4 pounds. Hurrah, gets harder now.

3 weeks from now we will be gathering at Tradewinds. Excellent.

Christopher

I'll take the rain thank you....driving into the office this morning to get caught up, the temp on the dashboard said 17 degrees. Sorry, a soggy warm bottm is better than a frozen you know what any day. Sitting in the pool on a warm rainy day...the only draw back is if you dont have an umbrella in your drink and it get diluted. Then again if its too hot..then your chocolate melts.

As to Christopher.......its strip poker kiddo not strip pokim.......gee, maybe I have it all wrong........Matt...youre the legal beagle........you be the judge.

Gigand....how was it? Royal Carib does a nice job for Atlantis so I would expect things went well. I just shudder to think of a ship that size fully packed.......regardless of who the passengers are. Whether I ever go back to Atlantis remains to be seen...and how RSVP evolves. At some point in time if all charters are on only the biggest of big ships....then I might skip them and go for the land tours and do smaller straight cruises.

So tell everyone how it was, who you met, what you did, ups and downs and overall impressions.

Christopher...did you lose those 4 pounds playing cards? Snap snap snap....

Three weeks from today we will have our first hangover from the day before sailaway.......

Hi from wet South Florida !

I can't say that I've ever played strip poker or pokim ! :)

How about crazy 8's or Hearts ! I'll play with you Christopher ! You hadn't said that you were going on the Baltic ! Great !! I'll see you twice this year !!!

Bill in Wilton Manors...

i gotta say, guys, (and gals), i have cruised several times and been doing the cruise critic thing a long time, but this is the best board ever!

i feel like i know some of you already, and really can't wait to meet you.

christopher, i haven't played much cards lately, but i know how to play a lot of card games. poker, hearts, canasta, bridge, etc.......not sure how good i'd be. terribly out of practice. but i'd love to practice with you awhile......<g>........

the strip poker might be fun on a cocktail-filled evening............

i'm down 2 pounds. not trying hard enough. we're hosting a party (luau) for 100 people next sat night, and we've been cooking (and eating) all week. i want to host in a sarong with no shirt....but if my belly doesn't cooperate, i'll need to cover it...........LOL.......

i'll take pix for sure........

i'll probably wear that sarong for the bon voyage party as well, although last time they gave us "grass" skirts.......cute, but made of a highly flammable material......

DO NOT SMOKE while wearing.......LOL............it was a hoot.....thousands of gay men on the deck in these "grass" skirts.........

can you tell i'm excited?.......exactly 3 weeks from right now, we'll be together (if muster is over (4:15)), having a cocktail, wearing our skirts....

were having trouble finding a reasonably priced room in ft. lauderdale for saturday night the 24th any sugestions? we would like to be in lauderdale so we can go to the cubby hole prefunction! were heading down to key west after the cruise so were ok there. we were on a site like this with lazy bears before mexican cruise and learned so much thanks for all this info scott

Archived