ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Good Morning!

I just emailed out a first draft of the directory to everyone I have email addresses for. If you see any errors please let me know. Also, if you would like to be included please email me your photo with your name and cabin number to thyatt@sejumc.org

Grin... Tim now that I've looked at what you sent out a second time I'm even more determined to find my cabin number so I can send it out to you... seeing my cabin listed as "Dolphin Deck" sure makes it sound like I'm going to be staying in a whole heck of a lot of cabins hahaha

Wow thanks Matt for finalizing a date and time for the meet and greet!

Tim- Thank you SO much for the directory! Not only was it helpful it was very organized and easy to read! Thanks for putting the time into that!!! It is greatly appreciated! Now I just need to remember to print all this info before we leave! :-)

Grin... seeing my cabin listed as "Dolphin Deck" sure makes it sound like I'm going to be staying in a whole heck of a lot of cabins hahaha

We are on the Dolphin Deck to. If you are sharing a cabin with us, just try and keep it clean. ;-)

haha

Well bits of my costumes that I have ordered are starting to arrive in Fort Lauderale. Thanks David (of CruisyDave) for willingly receiving them. Still have some things to work out but surprisingly I have found a lot more than I expected to actually brning in the first place.

I need the sun. No snow here but oh the skies are soooo grey. Caribbean Princess take me away.

Christopher

Hola Amigos! I appreciate all the thank you's for the directory. It is by no means finished, we still have to add all the members who just joined us (hint, hint) and now that Matt has made us an official group we will need to add our meeting place.

Matt is going to make one helluva lawyer don't you think? Anybody that can take a few contributors to a board and turn them into a recognized group onboard one of the largest gay cruises yet...I want him on my defense team!

Ok, I'm off to find some boots for one of our costumes. Anyone know where I can find two cheap pairs of purple high tops or boots?

We are on the Dolphin Deck to. If you are sharing a cabin with us, just try and keep it clean. ;-)

haha

hahahaha... that's why I get my own cabin, hard enough to keep one cabin clean let alone a whole deck of em :)

Well, two essential bits of my super hero costume arrived today... and my old boss (who makes super hero ...ahem...videos) is sending along some accoutrements - so there's *one* outfit taken care of.

Tim thank you so much for the amazing work on our "yearbook"...now I hope so many more of us contribute and send in that info/photos! I told RSVP we would have a large group in attendance, so come on out! (It's much easier the second time :) )

Ralph and I had our V-day dinner early tonight.. we're both too busy next week :) Did anyone else notice the "commitment ceremony" listing on Saturday at 11am? Wonder what that's about.

Tom, sweetie, send an e-mail mattla90069 @ hotmail.com - we must plan our pre cruise lunch!

Phil, if you are in a cleaning mood, please stop by C605 :)

2 weeks and counting! Going crazy here...

Ok, I'm off to find some boots for one of our costumes. Anyone know where I can find two cheap pairs of purple high tops or boots?

TIM:

No fair....I thought I would be unique with the purple boots.....LOL. Oh well. I found mine on E-bay. They are on route from California to Fort Lauderdale.

Christopher

Hi guys, Yeah we saw that last night too while planning what parties, etc to go to. (LOL of course the 2Xist is top on our list....) We're wondering what that "Committment Ceremony" is as well. Wonder if the captain can marry us all.... hahahaha. What's this about a "Meeting Place"? Are we all going to get together from our WONDERFUL Yearbook? That would be AWESOME!!!!! By the way, TIM AND RICK, Thanks Again for putting it together! It's Awesome!

Gotta get a new picture (that one was from Sept. last year) because I've lost alot of weight since then. One coming soon! Hope you're all doing well! Anyone can email us anytime at mar_joe_1@yahoo.com.

Hugs Guys,

Marlin & Joe.

Did anyone else notice the "commitment ceremony" listing on Saturday at 11am? Wonder what that's about.

Actually the commitment ceremony has been changed to Friday at 11 a.m. on the revised schedule, which is much better because it is a sea day. Two friends of ours went to this last year, and said it was nice. There were just a few couples, and after the short ceremony they got cake and some champagne, I think. Bob and I are considering going to it this year, even though we have been together now for over 26 years.

Another change which disappoints us is the movie for the Pajama Party. Instead of "Dreamgirls", it is now listed as "The Women". We would rather watch "The Men"!

Another change which disappoints us is the movie for the Pajama Party. Instead of "Dreamgirls", it is now listed as "The Women". We would rather watch "The Men"!

I'm not surprised by this change at all, actually, more surprised they were trying to get Dreamgirls in the first place since it's still on the hot list at theaters.

The Women will be fun and campy methinks. What I'm confused by is is the PJ party only for the movie? or will it carry over to the dance afterwards. I was looking forward to a big PJ party dance/party but somehow the schedule doesn't look like that.

Well I finally broke down and sent a scary photo to Tim the magnificent for the directory. Warning...the picture was me in Rio last year in a very good mood aka Cosmopolitan lala land.

Boarding day I will be up at the tradewind bar by 2pm or earlier depending on luggage delivery to the which is cabin P310.

I will be wearing a t-shirt with RMS Olympic on the back...front has White Star Line so pretty easy to spot. I will bring labels and a marker for people to make name tags at the bar. If you want I can make them ahead of time with your name and cruise critic name if you like, and either have them at the bar or outside my cabin door so you can label thyself as soon as you board. That way you can be identified as soon as you board and start passing people that might not make it to tradewinds bar overlooking the midship pool.

The labels will be about 2X 3 paper adheasive....to stick on your shirt....I can print them out at work ahead of time.

Let me know if you want one preprinted or else do it on board by hand. Let me know what you want.

My e-mail address: t.o.schaefer@erols.com

OK. So, I'm new to this site... and RSVP Cruises. I went on an Atlantis Cruise last year and had a lot of fun -- it was my first cruise. A group of my friends went on the Atlantis Cruise last month... and I am going on this trip alone. I'm sure there will be plenty of people to meet and get to know and have a good time with, right? I can be a little on the shy side... which is one reason why I am doing this alone. Trying to break out of my shell and all that jazz. I'm sure I'll be having fun even if it's just sitting by the pool the entire time. Anything is better than the cold weather this winter!

Anyway, just thought I would drop a line on this to say hi to some fellow cruisers... looking forward to getting away! :)

Glad that you took a moment to say hello NYCBri. Welcome to the group.

We are a diverse group of cruisers that are all looking forward to getting away from our respective jobs, weather situations, etc. to enjoy the company of like minded people. Hopefully you will read through all the posts on this thread (Yeah I know there are a lot of them) and consider joining us for some of our gatherings that we have been planning.

To give you some highlights:

• Tim (Tim-n-Rick) is compilinga directory of Cruis Critic members on this voyage. Send him a pic and Cabin number if you wish to be a part of it at thyatt@sejumc.org
  • pre-cruise gathering at the Cubby Hole in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday 24 February
  • Embarkation Day Tom (RMS Olympic) will be hosting a welcome aboard cocktail gathering at Tradewinds starting at about 2 PM
  • Matt (MattinFLL) has arranged with RSVP to schedule a gathering for Cruise Critic members from 1:30 to 2:30 in the Crooner's Lounge. Then many plan to play Church Lady Bingo with Sister Helen.
  • Many of us are planning excursions together with the largest group on the 8:15 Champagne Catamaran Sail to St John.

So as you can see there will be plenty of ''official'' times to meet up with people from this board as well as dinners, cocktails, shows, pool time, dancing, and everything else that is going on. So don't be shy. There are plent of us around to hang with during that week.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Christopher

hey guys,

everyone seems so excited. us too.

the commitment ceremony is just that. anyone who wants to get "married", gay style....i.e. a commitment ceremony is invited to attend with their partner and take their vows on deck. (not legal anywhere, and as they say.......that commitment paper and $6.50 will get you a Starbucks Mocha Frapuccino Macchiato.......or something..........LOL)

but it's a nice thing to do aboard.......very romantic.......wed on the open seas......oy, how bette davis can we get?.........LOL

anyway, that was an F.Y.I. for you first timers............

Thanks Christopher....

I don't know what cabin i am in yet... waiting to hear back from the agent. But perhaps I can drop them an email anyway... Is there a website anywhere that has a list of all the events and stuff going on during the cruise? RSVP's site keeps saying check back later... I know there's a superhero dance (oh lord... what to wear) and a construction dance (looks like i'll have to go visit my parents and steal a toolbelt from my father).

Man, I tried to get my picture to show up on my postings... so far, it's not working... maybe this time!

I won't be getting to Ft Lauderdale until noon the day of the cruise... it's my parents anniversary the 24th (big 45th) so, I'll be spending the day with them here in nyc...

I think the movie they show should be something so obscure and fun.... not that I can think of something offhand... but something that will surprise people. I love surprises and spontaneity... I hope for much off that onboard!

Hey you guys.

I've been reading the threads for a while and thought I'd sign in also--nice to say hey when we pass on the ship. Hey, I'm the shorter one in the pic-my friend is sitting this season out. Cold as all get out here in Atlanta, am looking forward to big fun. See ya' at one of the venues-before boarding or after...

IMG_0684.jpg.90e55c0cfb24eef9826e65feb58e171f.jpg

What exactly is a Champagne Catamaran...and more importantly, how can I make sure I am on it??

Hi,

You can reserve a spot on the Princess website through the Cruise personalizer. The last time I checked there were several spots open on the 8:15 time and there is also one going at 9:15. Most of us on here are going on the 8:15.

Have a great day,

Kent

Thanks Matt. I'm sure I'll find a posse to chill with... whether it be romantic or not. I'm mostly just looking forward to getting the hell away from work and the cold for a week. You'll find me boiling in the hot tub... or drinking some fruity coctail.

I'll be taking my parents on a pseudo-gay cruise this september... so I'll be behaving on that one. This one is just for me! :cool:

Archived