ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Michael! I thought I saw your moniker on this board... But you're not going on this cruise? :( Doin' the Med thang, I guess... oh, well...

How about Cubby hole the night before?

You'll be glad to hear I finally abandoned Greenland and am now ensconced at a gay Camping & RV resort in central Georgia - yeehaw! Lumberjacks (how butch! :rolleyes: ) campground. I wanted to move to FL but couldn't find anyone that would insure a new property (for less than $10K a month). Much cheaper here anyway...:p

Hope all's well with you!!

Philo

Dave,

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to give them a call. I checked the web pages for the airport Sheraton and Hyatt Pier 66 but couldn't find anything about "short time". I'll give them a call too.

Hmmmm...Brings back memories of those other times when I used a hotel for "short time"!!!!

Love those hotels with hourly rates :eek: .

I've been reading (trudging, more like it) through all the pages - talkative bunch, aren't we?

I can't wait for Church bingo - finally I'll get a chance to wear that snappy number I bought at Whitall & Shon's 10 years ago, silver lamé mesh with sparkles in a halo-type setting. If only I weren't so butch, I could add lighting to it.:p Anyone want to borrow my "Tim, the Enchanter" horns? (Think "Monty Python.")

And the trashy tourist thing will be easy - just ask RMS Tom - I just open the closet and Viòla! (for Christopher, that's French for voilá)

guys,

you're confusing the f#*k out of me. in addition to the ripped underwear, red party, superhero, pajama, and construction worker parties........you've now added:

church lady bingo in drag & trashy tourist (when exactly is that one?)

what's a poor fairy to do? how many bags can we schlep? (in addition to the one with the bar in it)...............LOL

so when is the trashy tourist?

and what are we wearing for the bon voyage? (they had grass skirts last time). this time i think i'll wear a sarong..........

Hello Guys!

My partner and I will be doing our very first Gay Cruise on the Caribbean Princess next week! Looking forward to it. It just so happened that this cruise fell on our anniversary - our 20th Anniversary on 2/28! So, we decided to go for it. We are both homebodies and rarely go out to clubs and bars. Looking forward to meeting new people and making new friendships, but also a little concerned about being intimidated by all the young, in-shape, hot bodies :confused:. And from reading all your posts we aren't going to have too many, actually none, silly outfits but hope that won't deter us from being allowed to join in on the fun.

We arrive late Friday night and will be spending the night at the Sheraton Cypress Creek before joining everyone on Sunday.

Please drop us a note to say Hello and hopefully we will meet each other on board!

john@singact.com

Would anyone be interested in me bringing printed copies of the directory to the meet and greet?

Hi Tim,

For us you can just email it and we can print it out here. You have done so much just getting it together that you shouldn't have to worry about printing it also.

I know that we all appreciate your time and efforts just to put it together.

Thanks,

Kent

Oh Tim - meant to mention my 2 cents on food/dining - yes we do usually do the dining room or a specialty restaurant most nights... but so many people just do the buffets at all times. One thing is that you can wear shorts in the dining room for breakfast and lunch, and it is often quicker and far less crowded than the buffet for those meals. The buffet area on all Princess ships is called the Horizon Court, and all Grand Class ships basically have the same layout... so I can tell you from experience on the Diamond Princess - the layout of the buffet food area is just dumb... crowded and chaotic. However, Caribbean Princess does offer a special area towards the back with sushi (may be extra cost), but also two or three nights a week (including the first night) a seafood buffet with crab legs, lobster claws, etc (and it is *not* extra cost). This special area (I think it is called "Caribe Cafe" on the deck plan also does some special Caribbean offerings for dinner at least one night - so don't feel like you *have* to do the dining room.

For tuxes - all the major cruise lines use the same vendor for the tuxes. I have used them 3 or 4 times now, and it's always there the first day. But try it on right away - The only glitch I ever had was once they gave me size 32 pants (and I haven't been a 32 since ... hmmmm, let's not go there)... and I discovered it right before dinner. Thankfully, they keep extras on board and I got it switched in time.

I am only packing a sport coat and slacks and maybe a tie... the rest of the week its slacks and nice shirts for dinner.

Glenn - the Hyatt is spitting distance from the ship, but I do not think they allow "walk ins" with security... but the Hyatt most certainly does a shuttle... the Sheraton probably does, too. I would rate them about the same.

Geez Matt, I thought you would recommend Inn Leather for a few hours.

Hey everyone,

Ron and Flash here ready to sail! I have been following the posts the last few weeks (it's been exhausting!) and tried to join the posts. My computer refused to let me register so I finally borrowed my neighbor's laptop. Jeez.

Anyway, we are two Fort Lauderdale guys ready for my 3rd/Flash's 2nd RSVP cruise. We were on the RSVP Caribbean out of FTL last year but the day before the trip I started feeling crappy and on the cruise, spent a lot of the time in our cabin. :( I didn't miss any meals though. :)

I am planning a risque red party outfit and as the cruise approaches, I might have too much belly to hold in for long. I guess I'll start with the laxatives and vomiting (kidding!)

Look forward to meeting everyone and by the way, the Cadillac is a 1966 Sedan DeVille with only 50,000 miles on her. (About 25,000 fewer than I have on me.) We might drive her to the cruise terminal since the trunk can hold all of our luggage and a few bodies.

I just ordered our tuxes from the cruise rental folks. When do they snap the usual photo of you in your formal wear?

Finished up my hat. Now I have to start Ricky's. Next cruise I'm just wearing a bath robe to everything. :)

A big welcome to our new ship mates! I am compiling a directory of CC members to distribute to us all so we can associate a name with a face. If you would like to participate send me a picture with your name, email address and cabin number to timhyatt@bellsouth.net . If you do not have a photo or do not wish to include one but would still like to be listed send me the rest of the info.

Welcome to John & Leonard (hooray, more theatre people!) and to Ron and Flash (hope you are feeling better this time around!).

We are still planning on attending church bingo, but I believe we are reneging on the church lady hats....we tried some on from our theatre costume room, and we didn't like the results. We will probably wear our blinking visors from last year, instead.

I've already laid aside all my shorts/swimwear that I'm bringing. Now this weekend I will start on the shirts. Making a list...checking it twice! Some are naughty, some are nice!

John & Leonard - welcome! Don't worry about "fitting in" or "joining in" - you'll quickly realize what a diverse, mixed, friendly crowd you are with on board. You can go balls out, or just sit back and enjoy the show.

Ron - are you in the car club?

Typhoon - oh it crossed my mind - but I know Glenn :)

Max - naughty or nice, I'm sure you wear it well!

Christopher - are you on the Atlantis Baltic cruise? Does it have a message thread? My best friend and his partner (who will be with us on CB) will be on that one, too... and he was wondering if there was a thread for it? My search revealed a thread on here from the fall that seemed more like a debate between those doing something with Pied Piper and those on Atlantis...

Matt

As of now the thread you mentioned is the only one that I found. I agree that it was not worth following or posting a message to continue the monotnous drivel.

Final payment is due mid April. So I thought I would wait until then to start a serious thread if one had not surfaced already.

I look forward to meeting with you friends who are going to be on that trip as well. I am finding more and more that these cruises can be a big homecoming of old and new friends. Bill (Ftlwill) who happens to be in the cabin right next to me on this trip will be in the Baltic as well with his partner and some other friends. So we candefinitely start building the commraderies for July while cruising the CB.

As for me I am still going back and forth with myself as to whether or not I acan add the RSVP Med Cruise to my schedule this summer. Time allows as I will still be on summer holiday, but the cost of 2 cruises that close together is tricky. But Iam determined that even if Idon't sail, I will make it to Rome for dinner with some of the guys that are going on both the CB and Roman trips. See what this board has done to me!!!:D

Christopher

Hey Matt, we used to be in the Lambda Car Club. We bought the Caddy with visions of restoring her to her showroom glory. It was an emotional, rather than realisitc purchase. Neither of us knows much about fixing cars so it was kind of embarrassing showing our faded beauty next to a bunch of show cars. Kind of like wearing last season to a couture show.

We still love driving her around and get lots of honks and waves. She gets about 8 miles to the gallon so with the earth melting or whatever, we usually only go out on weekends. If you see us in the Largest Green Thing In Broward County, give us a honk!

guys,

you're confusing the f#*k out of me. in addition to the ripped underwear, red party, superhero, pajama, and construction worker parties........you've now added:

church lady bingo in drag & trashy tourist (when exactly is that one?)

what's a poor fairy to do? how many bags can we schlep? (in addition to the one with the bar in it)...............LOL

so when is the trashy tourist?

and what are we wearing for the bon voyage? (they had grass skirts last time). this time i think i'll wear a sarong..........

Dave, the trashy tourist is on Friday from 5-7:30.

Steven, I think I'd be pushing it to get Ricky to wear the church lady hat twice. Having finished mine up last night though I have to say wearing it is fun even though it makes me look more like Mae West than the church lady.

Matt or Christopher or Tom or anyone who has written it down, could you remind me of times and locations for the meetings? I want to include it in the directory.

This is of course because I'm too lazy to pour through the posts again.

Day of sailing...1:30 tradewinds bar overlooking the mid ship pool.

I will have name tags available outside my cabin door..there should be a wall holder for papers there. I will be on the ship as soon as they allow.....probably using Matt as a battering ram.......considering how fragile delicate and petitie I am........

Cabin is P310 (plaza deck)...the deck we should be boarding on. If I can remember, I'll bring extra blank self adhesive labels and a marker for anyone to do their own. For those that have posted on this thread I will make a label for you. If you have not ptovided your first name and want it on the label in addition to you posting name....let me know.

Thulewx...you used that word again...closet...you know you and I only use wardrobes or steamer trunks.......closets are verbotten.

Tom

Christopher - I am sure my friends Mac and Soren will be happy to meet people on the Baltic... and yes, this does get addictive. I wish I did not have to work this summer!

Ron - Ralph has a '56 Chevy Bel Air convertible. He had it restored years ago before the prices were crazy, and loves to take it out on weekends.

Tim et al - Tom will be holding court from 1:30 until muster drill (4:15) at Tradewinds the day we board...

Monday at 1:30 is our RSVP official get together in Crooner's Lounge, which is right off the main central atrium...which will lead us into Church Bingo.

Archived