Canada/NE - Boston return - Maasdam

cruisequeen10

Has anyone took this cruise round trip from Boston. Or Boston to Montreal, or Montreal to Boston. Back in 1994 I took the Royal Princess from Montreal to New York. I just loved this itinery. When we originally booked the cruise one of the ports was PEI (of course I had booked almost a year in advance). At that time the port was PEI then they changed it to Saint John, New Brunswick. Very disappointing. Was looking forward to seeing the Anne of Green Gables. But the cruise was great despite the ports being changed. I would recommed this cruise to everyone.

Yes, we did the Montreal to Boston a few years ago on the Rotterdam. The stop at PEI was wonderful, especially the jam and preserve factory there! The Anne of Green Gables homestead was special, too. My DW is a teacher and seeing the place was a real treat for her.

I also highly recommend this itinerary. Lots of wonderful scenery and friendly people.

• 1 month later...

I am interested in the Boston - Montreal cruise next August. I was disappointed to see that they've switched to two ports in Nova Scotia instead of one in NS and one in New Brunswick. Any idea why they've done this? They have also made their latest sailing in June and their earliest one in August round-trip Boston, instead of the Boston - Montreal route. These were the two sailings that fit our plans best! We can still probably work it out and go, and I'm sure we'll love it - I was just wondering if anyone knows why the changes occurred (I'm new to the HAL board and I didn't find anything in my search so far).

Thanks

Archived