best beach in Grenada?

Cape Breton Gal

We have organized a private tour with Mandoo to hike to the Seven Sisters falls followed by lunch and a rest at La Sagesse Beach.

I am now wondering if there is a better beach. However, we love our food and want to be able to eat at a decent restaurant on or near the beach.

Recommendations anyone?

Thanks,

Gail

You already have it with Mandoo. La Sagesse Beach is a beautiful long beach which you will have mostly to yourselves. You can swim there and the restaurant serves good food and sits right on the beach. :cool:

Here is a photo of it

LaSagesseBeach-West-G_790532.jpg

Enjoy your trip. You have picked an excellent tour guide who will always look to your preferences. :)

Sandcrab

• 1 month later...

Sandcrab,

We were going to get either the water taxi or a cab and go to a beach for the day on our upcoming Feb. cruise. Do you recommend Grand Anse beach? We love a clear calm water beach (don't really enjoy fighting any waves prefer "bathtub" like calm waters), looking for a beach in a beautiful natural tropical setting. Would this describe Grand Anse beach?

I'm sure Sandcrab will have the best answer, but thought I'd offer my opinion since we are just back from the cruise. We stopped by Grand Anse Beach at the end of the tour we took with Mandoo - it is a long sandy beach with few people when we were there, chairs to rent, a restroom, and a restaurant. The water was calm and the water taxi picked up right off the beach.

Thanks so much for the info-very helpful- especially knowing we can take the water taxi there and back. Was it so nice that you would choose to go back to grand anse to spend an afternoon there? Was it in a tropical setting? Did it have pretty white/light sand or was it more the brown sand that our Atlantic Coast beaches have?

Thanks for your info, I really appreciate it!!

It was a very pretty, tropical setting. The sand was light in color, very similar to Florida's beaches, but not the sugar fine ultra-white sand of Destin, FL.

There was a rocky area to the right (facing the water) where snorkeling was supposed to be best. Unfortunately when we were there the sand was stirred up due to previous weather and the snorkeling wasn't any good. There is not a coral reef for the fish to hide and feed in, so you have to look around the rocks.

The beach is probably a mile long and a nice stroll, and the water was warm and calm and nice to just float around ~ my husband swims an hour a day, so he swam the length of the beach and back, but I wasn't that energetic :) and just floated and talked with new friends.

There are shade trees and chairs to rent and a few vendors plus the beach bar and restaurant where the restroom is. It is a nice beach and I would go back, I suppose. Being from Florida, the beach is not all that important to us on vacation as it is always only 45 minutes away, so not a big deal to us ~ we much prefer seeing something of the culture and sights of the island to laying on a beach when in a new place. That is why we enjoyed the tour with Mandoo so much. I truly think Mandoo is your best bet for an unforgettable time in Grenada! :) :)

• 1 month later...

Archived