Passport question

Sandi149

We are going to be applying for our passports this week. Approximately how long does it take to receive it? I have an old expired passport from 21 years ago and don't remember how long it took. Anyone who got theirs recently can you tell me about how long yours took to arrive in the mail?

Thanks

We are going to be applying for our passports this week. Approximately how long does it take to receive it? I have an old expired passport from 21 years ago and don't remember how long it took. Anyone who got theirs recently can you tell me about how long yours took to arrive in the mail?

Thanks

Just got mine back last week and it took fewer than 4 weeks - but I was told to expect 6.

We applied for our passports back in August. I applied at the PO in the town where I work (Rockford, IL) and it took 2 weeks exactly. DH applied at the PO in the town he works (Janesville, WI) and his arrived on Monday - almost 12 weeks. Mine was issued from the South Carolina office, his from Las Vegas NV. Go Figure :rolleyes: . I guess it all depends on which PO you apply at.

98 Days! Elation 2/3/07

I sent my passport from Chicago, forgot where to since I was at the post office to apply for my DS new passport. It was longer than his by two weeks, approx. 6 weeks. I don't know if this had anything to do with the length of time but on the advice of the post office person I sent it certified.

Just got mine back last week and it took fewer than 4 weeks - but I was told to expect 6.

DH and I applied on Sept. 2nd from Nashville and were told 6-8 weeks. My DH also had a 20+ yr expired passport and received his first and mine came a couple of days later approx. 4 weeks later. (Oct. 2nd or 3rd) They came from New Orleans...

Archived