Who agrees with me?

djm719

We have never done anything other than a balcony, but always considered and oceanview or an interior. The price difference is just never that significant of a difference for me. The Serenade in Dec. was only a difference of $130 per person. I truly feel it is worth it. I love to sit on the balcony in the morning with my coffee. I tend to wake up much earlier than my husband and I just enjoy the view as we sail into port.

Now, our dream cruise is to Tahiti and with the price of airfare and the cost of the cruise in general, I really think we will end up with an interior. We usually take 2 vacations a year and we are thinking about skipping the spring one next year to save up for the Tahitian cruise.

We just got of Grandeur and had an inside on deck 4 and it was great. So convenient and close to everything and a good bit of room. We've had balcony cabins (just booked an aft balcony on Freedom for next Sept) and love them but don't consider them a necessity for traveling or having a great cruise.

Have had a few Balcony Cabins, enjoy it, but do not spend a lot of time out there. If the rate is reasonable, then I go for it, but otherwise a window is fine too. Not a huge issue for us as we don't spend a lot of time in our room- prefer to be out watching people and enjoying the ship.

But we all make our own choices, so if you really enjoy the Balcony and use it, then by all means go for it.

No wrong answer here I guess.

Count me in for balcony only. I've had ocean view, and taken the kids along in an inside across from our balcony. That room was like a cave! If I had to cruise in an inside, I'd prefer a land-based vacation. Having coffee on the balcony, sipping champagne on the balcony as you bid the port goodbye, sunbathing nude on the balcony, ... well, enough said. :D It's part of what makes a cruise so special. And, I'll cast my vote for the aft jr suites. The extra room and the TUB are definitely worth it!

Our first three cruises were with inside cabins. We were fine with those because of the cost. Then we booked an aft balcony on AOS. It would be difficult to go back to an inside cabin, but I think if the cabins with windows to the promenade are less expensive, that would be an option. We didn't use our balcony as much on our Mexican Riviera cruise, because of the temperature sailing out of LA, but it was still nice to be able to walk out onto the balcony as we arrived at port. I have some great pictures! One way we have been able to " justify" our balconies, is that we use our RCI visa points to upgrade from oceanview to balcony. The only problem is that the choice of cabins isn't as great... have to take lowest available while booking highest level oceanview.. But it still helps to cover the cost.:)

We have done oceanview, balcony and suite. The almighty $$ is what guides our choice. Have never done an inside cabin as the claustrophobia sets in when I just look into one of these cabins when walking by... but I would do it in a heartbeat otherwise.

I am so afraid of this. I just booked our very first balcony cruise because we are bringing our son with us (a toddler by then) and I figured that I could use the balcony while he takes naps.

We have only been on inside and window cabins, which have been adequate for us because we are never in the room much and DH likes it dark so that he can sleep. But I am afraid that once we go balcony, he will never let me book anything else less than that. Oh God, here comes our budget :eek:

i smoke so we only do balcony's- i cannot smoke in the cabin- i am guessing if it came down to $$$ and making a choice of go in ov or inside or not go.....it would be tough call- i may rather do a land vacation - its great to be able to be outside without having to go out on deck- just pull that slider open and there is the breeze and the ocean lapping at the ship....... great to hear it , see it, smell it, and feel it......................guess its balcony only for us too!! lol- use to like deck 10- now we love deck 6 and 7 to be close to all the night time activities - the hump ones are our fav location-

go enjoy your balcony!!!!! :)

I've had balconies, oceanviews and insides. I go with whatever strikes me as the best bargain. To me, a balcony is great if there's something to look at other than water (e.g., Alaska). And I suppose it is nice to be able to relax on one's own private balcony. But I have absolutely no qualms about booking an inside. The pitch black darkness is incredibly conducive to a good night's sleep.

I haven't tried an inside, but on ships where there are not a lot of balconies, they are priced at a premium. I'd rather have an OV than a view from my couch!!

If it was the only way I could go on a cruise, I would go without the balcony, but I would much rather have one, especially now that we have a one year old son that needs naps and time out of the public. It's nice to have the balcony when he's napping.

Our second cruise was our first balcony and we haven't been without one since!

Archived