What if it rains?

djm719

I booked the Passion Island Beach excursion in Cozumel a few days ago for our Nov. 11th cruise. It sounded wonderful and everyone raved about it on this board. My husband said it sounded nice (not knowing I was going to book it so soon), so I went ahead and booked it so I didn't have to wait in line on the ship. My husband then brings up the point (after I booked it) "What if it rains?" I never even thought of that. I just checked the weather for Cozumel for the next 10 days and it had rain practically the whole time. Do they still go ahead with the excursion even if it is rainy?

When they say it rains in Coz, it isn't all day. It rained in every port we were in (Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Coz), and it lasted all of 5 minutes to 15 minutes. We were snorkling when rain hit GC, didn't bother us in the least. It actually rained more on Saturday (a sea day) than the ports. Go on and enjoy!

D :)

Unless there are torrential rains, I expect that they will go ahead with the excursion, so you need to take that into consideration when you book any shore excursion. As others have said, however, rain is usually of short duration and more likely to be showers than a lengthy rain storm. When we went to Passion Island last week on the Freedom there was a rain cloud that spit a few drops on us as we rode the ferry to the island, but that was the sum total of rainfall we encountered and didn't interfere with our fun on the island in the slightest.:)

We just returned from our cruise and our excursion in Cozumel was a Deluxe Beach Break at Playa de Mia Beach. It did rain off and on throughout the day. Since it was not lightening or thundering, it did not interfer with our fun. When the wind got strong, we got out of the ocean and moved over to the pool...which was very nice. Then when the rain stopped, we were right back in the ocean.

Don't let the rain ruin your day...just go with it and have fun!:p

Last May we cruised to Bermuda. It rained on both days in Hamilton. One of excursions went on as scheduled in the rain. It ws a high-speed around the island boat tour. It was fun, but we got soaked & the raindrops stung when they hit you. Never could take photos.

We had scheduled a night time boat tour - it was cancelled becuse of possible thunderstorms.

I guess it depends on if it is sfe or not.

Archived