Can I connect digital camera to TV in room?

sswitenki

I am technically challenged. The little screen on my digal camera is "little". Is it possible to bring my extra cables and connect it to the TV monitor in the room to view the photos larger on the TV screen? Sometime motion in the little screen is not very apparent. On a large screen, I can weed out the bad photos each day. Anyone do this? I don't have a laptop and don't want to have one on vacaton.

Sue

Sue,

I did take my extra cables but be darned if I could find anyplace to plug them in! I pushed, pulled, prodded every inch of that TV, trying to open hidden flap doors, to no avail. As the TV was 'bolted' down I couldn't get behind to see if perhaps that's where the connections would be. Anyway, that was my recent experience. I'm sure there's a way but I couldn't find it.

Yes ours had RCA Jacks in back.

:cool:

I am technically challenged. The little screen on my digal camera is "little". Is it possible to bring my extra cables and connect it to the TV monitor in the room to view the photos larger on the TV screen? Sometime motion in the little screen is not very apparent. On a large screen, I can weed out the bad photos each day. Anyone do this? I don't have a laptop and don't want to have one on vacaton.

Sue

On a large screen, I can weed out the bad photos each day. Anyone do this? I don't have a laptop and don't want to have one on vacaton.

Sue

You should able to plug the camera into the RCA jacks that the DVD player must have.

As a back up plan, you can plug your camera memory card into a reader on a terminal in the Explorations Cafe and do your culling there ... but you would be paying the same 75/55/40 cents per minute as if you were on the internet.

If you are doing this weeding as you go because you are afraid of running out of memory, you can off-load everything, good and bad, to a CD in the Photo Gallery for a charge ... about $15, I think. Or you could rent a laptop for one day for $20.

I tried to do something similar by plugging in my iPod to the TV to play music - I had the RCA jack adapter & was able to find a way to plug them into the back of the set...

...but then I couldn't figure out what channel to set the TV to get the signal, and the remotes are about useless for going to non-programmed stations.

Eventually I just gave up.

Thanks for the feedback. If I rent the laptop for a day for $20, does it have free usb ports to use? Are the computers protected somehow from new program installations or can I put an editing program that on it to use and delte it before returning the laptop? Would I be able to burn my own CD of pictures from the laptop?

If I rent the laptop for a day for $20, does it have free usb ports to use?

I can't imagine why it wouldn't ... but if doesn't, don't rent it! :)

Are the computers protected somehow from new program installations or can I put an editing program that on it to use and delte it before returning the laptop?

It might be protected, or they might ask you not to install anything. I don't know. But they must already have some simple image viewer that would allow you to delete bad shots.

Would I be able to burn my own CD of pictures from the laptop?

Most likely. But you should bring a few blanks with you, since I would suspect that they may not have them to sell.

Sue

I plugged mine into the DVD jacks on the DVD...then when you hit the remote it will give you the outputs to select.

Unless you're on a 30+ day cruise and are into taking hundreds of pix daily, it might be cheaper/easier in the long run just to buy a larger memory chip for your camera and edit the pix when you get home...

I know this doesn't answer the original poster's question but in our suite on our Volendam Alaska cruise, using an AV cable, I was able to plug my Epson P-2000 into the connectors that the DVD player was using on the LCD TV. The hardest part was figuring out how to pop the panel on the back of the TV to get to the connectors. It was impressive looking at the pictures of the Margerie Glacier calving on the large TV.

Unless you're on a 30+ day cruise and are into taking hundreds of pix daily, it might be cheaper/easier in the long run just to buy a larger memory chip for your camera and edit the pix when you get home...

I've got enough for almost 800 shots, but even on a 7-10 day cruise I still like to bring my laptop to do daily backup saves to a CD, and fool around with viewing and editing everything on the sea day heading home! :D (And I also do email with it.)

I've got enough for almost 800 shots, but even on a 7-10 day cruise I still like to bring my laptop to do daily backup saves to a CD, and fool around with viewing and editing everything on the sea day heading home! :D (And I also do email with it.)

I agree - that's why I always bring my laptop when I travel (gives me something to do in the airport terminal too)

Archived