Can't tube or zip line!!!!

minnesotacruiser

Need help deciding what to do in Belize. I am allergic to latex and rubber, and have a bad shoulder, so I believe the cave-tubing and zip lining is out for me. Darn. What other water/ beach or excursions things do people recommend?

Snorkeling. Consider purchasing mask, snorkel and fins made out of silicone. Just my two cents.

If you want something simple like a tour of the city and the zoo (if you aren't into "ruins"~~some folks are...some folks aren't) there are some licensed tour operators allowed inside the fence that can handle your request. If you want to plan ahead and check the prices, you can do that my emailing gillytours@yahoo.com. If you want to play it by ear, his "kiosk" (that is Belize for folding table) is in front of a restaurant called the Wet Lizard (inside the fence) to the right as you get off the tender. His name is Gilbert Young, but everyone calls him Gilly.

I would not recommend that you go past the fence without an organized tour. And if you want to go some place that is really far from the port, I would stick wth a ship tour to make sure the ship waits for you in case you are delayed. Yhonney and others that do the independent cave tubing are very deligent about getting people back to the ship on time.

Remember to keep your watch on Ship Time. It does vary from port to port.

Have a great cruise!!

LHP:

Why do you recommend not going "beyond the fence without an organized tour' ? We haven't been, so would value your advice. We genereally go off on our own in port. Is Belize a bit of a nasty place? Like what some people say about the Jamaican ports?

Thanks,

KS

Archived