Today Tonight thrown off Peach Sunset cruise

chaz cruiser

""Tomorrow night on Today Tonight, the story P&O didn't want us to bring you"... or words to that effect.

"They confiscated our tapes, but we made copies".

Sorry Kym. You had already covered this. I'll still bet that it will be a beat up.

By the way any Kiwis with Cable/satellite can see replays of Today/Tonight on the "Sky News Australia" channel.

[edit] Changed name of cable channel

Sorry Kym. You had already covered this. I'll still bet that it will be a beat up.

By the way any Kiwis with Cable/satellite can see replays of Today/Tonight on the "Sky News Australia" channel.

[edit] Changed name of cable channel

Oh yeah, it's so going to be a beat up. They'll show footage of the young girl asking for a fruit tingle, but will "forget" to show her being refused service, they'll string bits of footage together to make something dodgy out of something completely innocent, all the TT hallmarks.

Thanks Aussiecruiser, i loved that, hate her!

hubby just told me we don't get today/Tonight up here, we have cable, someone mentioned it was on the Aust Sky news channel, anyone know when, don't want to miss it!

She is ruining our future pleasures!!! i think we need to protest!! surely we are all better proof than her TV show??? Is she showing interveiws with past passengers complainig???

Cheryl

hubby just told me we don't get today/Tonight up here, we have cable, someone mentioned it was on the Aust Sky news channel, anyone know when, don't want to miss it!

Cheryl, I just looked up an online program guide for Sky News Australia and it shows Today/Tonight on at 21:30 (9.30pm). It also shows the equally over-the-top "A Current Affair" on at 22.30 (10.30pm).

Quite often these two shows have exactly the same stories; you never know.

I hope everyone who was on that cruise is sending emails to Today Tonight to give their side of the story. I'm sure I read that the passengers cheered as they were taken off so they must know what was going on. Today Tonight shouldn't be allowed to get away with distorting our holidays, rubbish that they show can be seen at any club in our towns. I have lost all respect for that show. Hope Kochie and Mel don't go that way, what will I do then!

I just saw the ad for the story. So i thought i would post here after picking my self up from laughing on the floor.

Surely no body actually believes the crap that they "report".

Oh, I had an idea. How about we contact A Current Affair and let them show the real side of the story. That way we get the truth out there and we set the two evils against each other :rolleyes:

Thanks, just checked it out, and the Today/Tonight one.

Will watch the show tonight, have to ring PO cruises tomorrow re $200 credit that i have not heard back about yet (least of their worries)! I will speak to a customer relations person about sending an email, maybe we could invite T/T to join cruise critic??? They might become converted and travel as real holiday makers who have saved hard to pay for it and not get their fare paid by T/T!! They might just enjoy themselves with wonderful people like us, afterall we are the majority!!

Cheryl

Surprise surprise, the 'sliding on the bar' made it again! They still haven't said this is a bar in Vila not on the ship. How easy it is to take a bit of film and make it fit your story. Like Skyrules said, they didn't show the girl being refused her Fruit Tingle. What is wrong with a couple kissing etc. isn't that part of a romantic holiday. Come on Channel Seven, I thought they were a little better than Channel Nine but they are all the same, sensationalists!

About the sliding on the bar at Ma Bakers in Vila When I was there on 21st october on the sun It was closed all day which was very unusual. I have been to vila 4 times now twiceon ship and twice staying for two weeks each time and Ma Bakers was always open I wonder if it was old footage

Cheryl, I just looked up an online program guide for Sky News Australia and it shows Today/Tonight on at 21:30 (9.30pm). It also shows the equally over-the-top "A Current Affair" on at 22.30 (10.30pm).

Quite often these two shows have exactly the same stories; you never know.

If you are in Queensland, they're on Foxtel at 20.30 (Today Tonight) and 21.30 (A Current Affair) - because in Queensland in summer we get Foxtel on Sydney/Melbourne time, so all programs are on 1hr earlier (except for the relayed free to air channels which we see in local time).

Ah, the joys of living in the Backward, sorry I mean "Smart" state.

I was so shocked by the whole 'report'.

I dont know where they find these wild people, there was NOTHING of that nature on our ship. :eek:

I am SO annoyed with TT trying to trash P&O. Get over yourselves. Go and do another story about dole bludgers and fat people. :rolleyes: D*ckheads! :mad:

As usual, overhyped sensationalism from Today Tonight. The whole report was an attempt to portray themselves as the victim. They've obviuosly been selective in the footage they've used, and the fact that a lot of the footage they did use, including the bar sliding scene in Ma Bakers in Vila, actually came from their first outing on Pacific Star in March (the cruise we were on), indicates that there wasn't too much to complain about the recent cruise.

There were some positives to come out of it - they did mention increased security and tightened alcohol controls, which are both good things I believe.

I'm going to attempt to make up a video file of the interview and post it on the Yahoo site - don't know how successful I'll be as ít'll be my first attempt.

Kym

Something I found funny was the taxi driver saying to the crew that they were suspected of terrorism and drug dealing. I dont care what country you are in, the authorities just would not give that sort of info to a taxi driver. I doubt that they would transport suspected terrorists in taxis instead of police cars too.

Shame Today Tonight, shame.

Biggest load of crap. Yes most of it was previous footage. As for Naomi's comment about P&O saying they were breaching passengers privacy but TT had no complaints, well Naomi, that was because you didn't announce you were onboard filming us and I for one was not aware until the captain announced that he had kicked you off. The footage of the mini olypics shows keepcruising and she certainly didn't give her permission.

Poor little girl scared she wouldn't make it home. Blah. Also when she spoke about being allowed to walk straight into the nightclub they were showing footage of the Casablanca Lounge which is completely different.

They make me sooo angry.

Well I finally watched it, why put ma barkers in there??

Who would let their 14yr old daughter on cruise without a relative with them? and allow her to wear all that makeup to make her look older?

But what makes me really laugh is prior to the PO segment, Naomi is praising the Melbourne Cup, with all the drunks and gamblers in the background,bet there were more underage drinkers and adult drunks there than there will ever be on a PO cruise!!

Who was the guy anyway?? Private investigator?? As if he was going to go on there for his free cruise and come back with nothin!!

Cheryl

I have just been on the TT website & they are asking for "horror cruise stories". I decided to click on it but instead of telling them my horror story (coz I don't have one) I asked them why they only wanted to hear horror stories as most passenger have nothing but good stories to tell. I also added that "I suppose that would make for borig viewing as opposed to the horror stories that you make up". Something along those lines anyway. WHAT A LOAD OF CODDSWALLOP that show was. What's the bet I don't hear from them:)

Karen

I just shot one off to them as well. I titled it ""Horror" Story" to get their attention and in it i told them all about my wonderfull holiday earlier in the year and that there was nothing on board that they claimed was a regular occurance.

I also recommended they go into any local pub on any night of the week. That way they would see far worse than what they say is going on on the cruise ships.

I might send A Current Affair one tommorrow and try and start a spy vs spy type war.

i told them i have cruised heaps, no problems, security is safe, feel safer on a cruise ship than at the local nightclub.

I also asked why they had footage of Ma barkers, it's in Port Vila not on the ship... der....I told them I'm glad we don't have T/T where we live cos I wouldn't watch the rubbish they put on it!

Cheryl

Oh, also they have a complaints section, so anyone on the boat that was filmed without permission, i would seriously consider complaining.

Oh, also they have a complaints section, so anyone on the boat that was filmed without permission, i would seriously consider complaining.

I hope they do. I certainly would if I were on that cruise, even if it was just to get back at them.

Karen

The footage of the mini olypics shows keepcruising and she certainly didn't give her permission.

I hope she is going to complain to Today Tonight about that, and she should also approach Media Watch.

Earlier in the year, after TT had been aboard our cruise filming, and doing the first expose, we approached Media Watch with complaints about TT and they were interested in the story, but felt it would have been better for us to have actually been in the footage used.

Poor little girl scared she wouldn't make it home. Blah. Also when she spoke about being allowed to walk straight into the nightclub they were showing footage of the Casablanca Lounge which is completely different.

I don't think that if I had a 14 year old daughter I'd be sending her off with on an undercover mission to be sold alcohol and come onto by drunk men, which is basically what the "reporter" was hoping would happen.

And you're right - the Casablanca Lounge is NOT the nightclub. There were lots of children coming and going from the Casablanca lounge on our cruise, buying soft drinks and chips etc from the bar, perfectly legally and all above board. Can't speak for the nightclubs late at night, because we didn't go there, but I imagine they would have been on the look out for kids there.

Archived