Chops Reservations

MikkiDawn

Okay I know this is going to sound silly but I am starting to get all nervous about getting on board and getting our tickets for the ice show, missing the Quest show, The Love and Marriage show and also, about getting reservations for Chops for one of the formal nights. I just never have luck at getting in on things that are ususally booked up so I am wondering HOW I SHOULD ARRANGE THIS SO I CAN GET WHAT I WANT ?? LOL !!! I would like to eat dinner at Chops on one of the two formal nights are they usually sold out then ?

First of all--CALM DOWN!!!!!! This is no way to start a relaxing vacation! No--Chops is rarely sold-out, so don't worry about that! When you board and check out the ship, amble by Chops and make your reservation. No need to run!!! (They will even take "walk-ins!) As far as ice-show tickets, they will announce when each dinner seating should proceed to pick up their tickets--no need to panic on that either! As far as the "shows", it will be in your daily Compass--so if you read it daily, you won't miss a thing! Now, go soak in a bubble bath, dream of warm weather, and RELAX!!!!!!! It's all good!

As soon as you board go to Chop's and make your reservations. The ice show tickets weren't handed out until the next day and the times were listed in the Compass. On our 5 day cruise there were 4 shows so you shouldn't have any problems getting them.

The Quest and the Love and Marriage show are both around 10:30pm.

Read the compass thoroughly and bring a highlighter so you can keep track of what you want to do.

Next step, relax and enjoy your cruise!

Sue

Okay I know this is going to sound silly but I am starting to get all nervous about getting on board and getting our tickets for the ice show, missing the Quest show, The Love and Marriage show and also, about getting reservations for Chops for one of the formal nights. I just never have luck at getting in on things that are ususally booked up so I am wondering HOW I SHOULD ARRANGE THIS SO I CAN GET WHAT I WANT ?? LOL !!! I would like to eat dinner at Chops on one of the two formal nights are they usually sold out then ?

You shouldnt have a problem getting any of these. First off, when you get onboard go straight to Chops and make the reservation..that will be easy if you do it within the first hour or two onboard. The ice show has designated times where you go and pick up tickets for as many that are in your party...the times to pick up the tickets will be listed in the Cruise Compass...and if you are worried you will overlook that just ask at the front desk, deck 5. The Quest is just something you show up for in Studio B...also shouldnt have a problem doing that in terms of crowds...just ask at the front desk when the Quest will be taking place. In terms of the Love and Marriage Game Show...this takes place in the Arcadia Theatre and there are PLENTY of seats...no tickets required...It normally takes place towards the middle/end of the cruise...it will be on the front page of the cruise compass on that particular day. Thats always a great show. What ship are you on and when is your sailing date? Have a blast and dont worry, relax lol.

Can't you call from your room to make the reservations at Chops/Portofino, and for salon services as well??

yes you can but if you board before 1:00PM and youre walking around the ship you might as well go to deck11 and make the reservation...especially considering this individual is pretty anxious about it

Oh and I am used to doing things at Disney where as if you don't call and book things up to 60 days ahead they are sold out, so I guess that is why I am anxious. Oh and what days would be the Formal days ? Day two and Day 6 ? Are the specialty restaurants usually crowded on those nights ?

Also does anyone have a menu from Chops I cannot remember the link to the one that someone had awhile back.

Oh and I am used to doing things at Disney where as if you don't call and book things up to 60 days ahead they are sold out, so I guess that is why I am anxious. Oh and what days would be the Formal days ? Day two and Day 6 ? Are the specialty restaurants usually crowded on those nights ?

Also does anyone have a menu from Chops I cannot remember the link to the one that someone had awhile back.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=434776

the 3rd post of that link will give chops menu...along with dining room and portofino. and NOOO you dont have to go straight to chops..just do it when you get the chance...you will get anytime you want if you go there right away but it WILL NOT sell out. dont worry about it, youll be able to eat there. Id say the only exception is if it was a party of like say 15 or more people...then maybe id go right away to make sure they would be ready for a large party.

I am on the Dec. 10th sailing of the Mariner of the Seas. So I should get on hte ship and go straight to Chops ? Now i have to map it out LOL !!!! My husband will think I am a nut, can you tell this is our first cruise ?

Take it slow and easy. This is supposed to be fun. Chops and Portofinos are located on Deck 11 just outside of the Windjammer.

If you board before the cabins are ready at 1:00 PM, you will most probably go up to the Windjammer to have a bite to eat anyway. Stop by Chops and make your reservation. If they are not open yet, there will be a sign posted for the opening time. No need to run. Just get there on the day you board, and you should not have a problem.

Now, take a bunch of deep breaths,... and everything will fall into place.

Thanks I am breathing I am not super anxious I am just a "plan it early" type of person and do not like when I can't, KWIM ?

Any other suggestions for a first time cruise on Mariner ?

We are doing Sunny LIston's tour on St. Thomas........Doing Two Flaags of St. Maarten w/ Beach Bash on St. Maarten..........nothing planned but walking around at Coco Cay,.............This is our honeymoon we never took, just 15 years later !!!

First of all--CALM DOWN!!!!!! This is no way to start a relaxing vacation! No--Chops is rarely sold-out, so don't worry about that! When you board and check out the ship, amble by Chops and make your reservation. No need to run!!! (They will even take "walk-ins!) As far as ice-show tickets, they will announce when each dinner seating should proceed to pick up their tickets--no need to panic on that either! As far as the "shows", it will be in your daily Compass--so if you read it daily, you won't miss a thing! Now, go soak in a bubble bath, dream of warm weather, and RELAX!!!!!!! It's all good!

Cb, you say this all the time about walk ins. It just ISN'T TRUE. The restaurants only take a certain number of people per night. We have been there and it had empty tables, but they will only serve x number per night, so if more people have RESERVATIONS at a certain time, then there will be empty tables at other times. You keep encouraging people to WALK IN. Read some of the recent threads where people have been turned away.

Please call or go to the restaurant and make your reservations as soon as you are able. The "prime times" fill up quickly and although you might be able to get reservations for the night you want, it might not be for the time you want.

The only night that you can pretty much walk in is on the first night as most people don't want to go there then. I don't mean to sound mean to C B, but I do feel it is a dis-service to tell people to just walk in.

Katie

On our recent Navigator cruise they announced that ice show tickets would be available at 9:30 am in front of the ice show area. There were 4 shows 2 on Tuesday and 2 on Thursday.... you could choose which show you wanted based on your dining time. You could ask for the number of tickets you wanted.... on ice show days, they allow walk ins to fill in seats not taken by about 10 minutes prior to the show. The show at our time was not full.... we went the second night at 5:00pm.

Chops reservations should be made in advance. They allow a certain number a night - so to get the time you want call of go there and make the reservation. Be advised that if you no show a reservation, there will be a charge on your sea-pass card. But why would you not want to go -- it's great food and service!!

Cb, you say this all the time about walk ins. It just ISN'T TRUE. The restaurants only take a certain number of people per night. We have been there and it had empty tables, but they will only serve x number per night, so if more people have RESERVATIONS at a certain time, then there will be empty tables at other times. You keep encouraging people to WALK IN. Read some of the recent threads where people have been turned away.

Please call or go to the restaurant and make your reservations as soon as you are able. The "prime times" fill up quickly and although you might be able to get reservations for the night you want, it might not be for the time you want.

The only night that you can pretty much walk in is on the first night as most people don't want to go there then. I don't mean to sound mean to C B, but I do feel it is a dis-service to tell people to just walk in.

Katie

I agree completely with Katie. :)

Archived