How many pairs of shoes????

I love shoes and tiny hand bags so I'm probably not typical of shoe packing, but here goes. I bring two pairs of strappy black sandals, one fancy and one plain. Usually one pair of white sandals with a heel and one pair of brown healed mules. One pair of Reeboks, two pairs of flip flops and one pair of brown platform candies (not the high heel ones), one pair of water shoes. Plus bags to match. Luckily, there are only two of us and DH has given up even speaking about my shoe collection. :D

My DH always looks at the amount of shoes I bring, wherever we go...he just shakes his head....I need a pair for just about everything I wear...last year I brought 9 pairs of shoes, and yes I wore each pair...

I am truly thinking of bringing less in '05...will try and coordinate more outfits to the shoes...might be hard, but I am a shoeoholic.

We take 4 pairs each. Tennis shoes for all that walking while in port , dress shoes for formal nights, loafers or something else comfortable for casual dinners, and sandles for daytime or by the pool. That's 12 pair for the three of us so I put them in a big duffel bag. :D

Oh, I forgot my slippers for my morning coffee on the balcony! ;)

On my first 7-day cruise, I lugged 10 pairs of shoes with me. What a mistake! :rolleyes: I never took half of them out of the suitcase, and they took up alot of room.

My last cruise, I took four pairs. Flip-flops (for beach, pool, and to wear around the stateroom), two pairs of comfy sandals (black & beige) for everyday/casual wear, and of course my strappy heeled dress shoes for formal night. Oh, and I wore sneakers to and from the cruise, but I never wore them during the cruise.

As a fellow shoeoholic (sp?), I hate leaving any of my favorites behind when I pack for a cruise. But I work really hard to take only two pairs of dress shoes, one pair of sandals, one pair of tennis shoes, and a pair of slippers. I've found that it IS possible for me to coordinate outfits so that I only need a pair of black pumps and a pair of white pumps. (I never take dressy sandals b/c when I did, I found that some areas of the ship were too chilly for my sandaled bare feet.)

True, I wear black or white with outfits I might otherwise (read: at home) wear other shoes with, but it means less luggage to manipulate into our compact car, carry through the airport, etc.

But I say pack whatever makes you feel most comfortable! If you need a huge suitcase just for shoes, take it!

1 pair of tennis shoes

1 pair of water socks

1 pair of black pumps

1 pair of black sandels

I wore the tennis shoes on to the ship. It is easy for me to pack shoes as I have bad feet and can't wear most types of shoes.

Now if you asked me what I packed as far as clothes:rolleyes: The list would be really long. The only other thing I would have added would be a pair of thongs if I could wear them. As for packing handbags, I took one evening bag with me for formal nights. On the other nights if I didn't have a pocket for lipstick.....DH got to carry it for me..... Remember you need to leave room for any thing that you buy while on your cruise. From what I have read if your bags weigh over 50 lbs you will pay dearly for the exta weight.

Colleen

Three pairs of sandles (different colors) for daytime - I have problem feet and can't wear the same pair for days.

One pair of black evening sandles.

One pair of tennis shoes for excursions (if necessary).

One pair of water shoes.

Hi My name is "Amelda Marcos Jr." and I'm a shoeoholic and purseoholic! I've finally narrowed it down to (1pr sneakers, poolside slides/mules, 2-3pr dressy pumps(strapped & strapless), 1pr sandals, 2-3pr casuals for dinner)...and of course coordinating purses.:p This pretty good for me, because on other weeklong trips/vacations I carry more...and yes, I wear them.;)

Bring what makes you feel comfortable...and what your DH/partner can carry!:D I LOVE shoes and my DH says I need therapy. Never; it runs in the family. MY DM is worse than me.

Thanks all to your responses about the shoes!

It really has gotten to be quite comical here.....lets see 5 x 3 shoes for the kids and hubby that is 15 pairs and then of course there is me......lets see heels, flats, sandals, sneakers water shoes, etc. and maybe one more or so and OOPS I FORGOT....purses! Oh I lost count. How can I forget the matching purses! I love it!

I guess Hubby better prepare to lift some weights (who said you have to rest on vacation?)

this is a funny thread and I have so enjoyed reading it!

I take a pr of tennis shoes, neutral pr of flip flops, 2-3 pr of strappy sandles for casual dinner and 1-2 pr dressy black heels for formal nights- could possibly eliminate some of these and hope to next cruise- plus a pr or 2 of comfy shoes to change into after some of the others kill my feet after walking around the ship for several hours. When all 4 of us go on a cruise, a separate "shoe" suitcase works for us- one with wheels on it so someone can pull it

I take about 5-6. One formal pair, and 1 dressy sandal that is neutral ( I use color themes for each cruise) tennis shoes, 1-2 comfortable sandals , and water shoes. I used to take more, but now it also depends on the length of the cruise.

This topic was raised some time ago on another board to much discussion. To tell you the truth my wife would fill one suitcase with shoes if she could.

Personally I don't get it as all I need are:

1 pair of comfortable casual shoes (boat shoes)

1 pair of dress shoes

1 pair of running shoes for the gym.

my wife keeps trying to get me to buy other shoes but I keep saying "what for" I'll never wear them as I gravitate to what I know and what is comfortable to me.

Why do you need to match shoes to purses? Just wondering who you think notices that?

It's really a weird obsession that I guess us men will never understand.

Ah....the shoe question!...It just depends on how much you are willing to carry! I, being a guy,only need two pairs....a formal, and either sandals or tennies...if you go ashore, I suggest a pair of comfortable athletic shoes you can WALK in....not new ones,but ones that have been broken in and are comfortable..actually that would go well for the other shoes you bring, don't bring new untested shoes to wear onboard, unless you want to scarifice looking good for comfort.

I usually wear my walking/athletic shoes on boarding day and bring one pair of dressy shoes and one pair of Clarks slides which double as my slippers and to go out on the balcony, and I can also wear these to dining room on casual nights. So that's it for me.....I'm definitely into minimal packing.

ps. I bring one tiny beaded bag for formal night, but otherwise don't use a purse.

Answer from a man:

I bring 5 - 1 dress, 1 casual, 1 pool, 2 sneakers. The second pair of sneaks is for excercising; they are old and will be thrown out before going home. I also save up my old socks to be thrown out after excercising.

How do I fit everything in? Roll up socks and put them inside of the shoes.

I'm packing today, and here's my shoe inventory:

1 pr black flats

1 pr sandals

1 pr. white mules

1 pr. Nikes

1 pr. black or silver heels for formal night? (unsure if I'm using the flats instead)

wear my Reebok mules

Need to buy a pair of hot pink or white heeled strappy shoes for a dress.

Welll since normally I cabin alone the shoe issue was never a big deal. I average 15-20 pair for the week.. LOL I plan on trying to get by this time with less than 10.. wish me luck. I get one of the cheap over the door shoe bags, that others use for toiletries and actually use it for my shoes then leave it for the cabin steward to take if they want at the end of the cruise.

This year I am sharing my cabin with a fellow clothes/shoe hound so we have to be more careful on what we take.

I guess I need to get busy and start figuring out how many pairs we'll be taking. After all, we only have 104 more days until we cruise, right Franki? :D

DH is now up to 4 pair: tennis shoes (can't get him into sandals), dress shoes, boat shoes and water shoes. As for me I'll probably pack around ten pair and be lucky if I wear half of them. Oh well, a girl has to have choices! ;)

for some reason i think i am never going home so i bring all my shoes just in case---i know i need help---in fact we went to alaska last year and people were looking at us because we had 8 pieces of luggage--i know i have to cut down--but i look and then i say i can't leave that home--i promised this year 21/2 bags each!!!!!!!!!!!

I have taken as few as 8 pair and as many as 14 pair. I am getting better being down to 8 pair for 7 days.

Now for the 10 and 11 day cruises at minimum 10 pair. Too many outfits to co-ordinate. Oh well , my DH has gotten used to it and no longer complains because he knows it won't do any good.

Take what you need....and look good!! :)

Cindy ;)

Archived