Mexican riviera/post cards/mail

mojo22

We are cruising to mexico, would like to send some postcards home and I wonder how I go about that.

Sounds stupid, but are there mail boxes in mexico to drop mail like in america?? Or can I mail something from the ship??

Never travelled anywhere and I got to thinking about it and wonder how it works.:eek:

Thanks.

We are cruising to mexico, would like to send some postcards home and I wonder how I go about that.

Sounds stupid, but are there mail boxes in mexico to drop mail like in america?? Or can I mail something from the ship??

Never travelled anywhere and I got to thinking about it and wonder how it works.:eek:

Thanks.

Yes there are. Be forewarned that mail in Mexico is very slow and at times not reliable. You may want to mail them from the States once you get back.

Most ship's pursers desk will be happy to apply the appropriate postage and mail them for you when in port .. they just add it to that ship board account .. I just did this in China and Japan and it was great ... have a great cruise :)

MX mail service is iffy at best.:rolleyes: Twice I've mailed postcards from MX - even took them to the post office - and they were never rec'd.

You might want to let the purser's office mail them for you. You can purchase some in ports, then buy MX stamps ($$) from the purser, and they will be mailed from MX during their next stop there. OR you can put US stamps on them and they will be mailed from your homeport once the ship returns there.

Your very best bet would be to mail them from your homeport yourself upon your return. They won't have a MX stamp or postal mark on them, but they will at least get to the person.:D

In any case, good luck. I've had friends/family receive their cards three to seven weeks after a cruise...or not at all.

We've always used the ship's service for mailing postcards and haven't lost one yet (that we know of). The best part is that you can just hand them over and go about your business without having to track down a mailbox or post office. it's your vacation, you should be doing what you want.

Charlie

Archived