Bus Transportation To Ny Pier ?

Jimjam

Has anyone used the Holland America bus service from South Jersey, Mount Laurel Area, to the NY pier ?? Just learned they have a pick-up in Burlington, NJ and sounds very convient and cost effective rather than driving to NY..

Any information is appreicated and thanks in advance.

JimJam, we were on the Noordam 10/14 and used the bus service from Burlington. It was the first time we've used bus transportation and we were a little apprehensive, however, it worked out well.

We had around 30 passengers, so we went direct without any stops.The driver pretty much loads your luggage and you just sit back and relax. Plenty of parking at the Academy bus terminal and they say that your vehicle is safe. We didn't have any problems with ours upon our return.

Hope this helps

The Noordam is outstanding!

Just the information I was looking for JOANNIEBOP---THANKS VERY MUCH !

A couple of other questions if you don't mind:

Where in Burlington is the Academy bus terminal located?

When and how did you make your reservation? With your TA or Holland America?

Was the bus wating for you at the pier on your return?

THANKS again for you help. Much appreciated.

Jimjam, the tranportation was provided by HAL and arranged thru our TA. We rec'vd coupons in our cruise ticket booklet for the bus.

It was very well coordinated with the ship. The bus was waiting for us at the pier and you fill out a disembarkation form a few days prior to the last day of the cruise and they know exactly where you need to be when you arrive on land.

I am really bad with directions so I can't remember exactly where the bus terminal was in Burlington but it was right off of 295..I think exit 4A but not real sure. You can call Academy or go on to their web site academybus.com and they have the driving directions and phone #'s etc.

Joannie

Joannie,

Once again, thanks for all your information which is much appreciated and complete..I think I know where the Academy bus parking lot is located..I will get in touch with my TA and make necessary arrangements for our cruise on April 11th.

Thanks, Jim

HAL's HomeCity Motorcoach Program

NY Homeport, Ft. Lauderdale Homeport and Norfolk Homeort are the Three which are on HALS mailed brocure Glossy sheet.

Calling there (HAL's) LandLine of

1-877-SAIL HAl shall be of great benefit and have your booking number.

Direct-to-the-pier services...You, your luggage is handling and convienient...

Even now with fuels costs declining again the R/T cost is actually quite well from S . New Jersey and Philly etc...

Much less than a limo, taxi, train or driving oneself too...:cool:

Give HAL three thumbs up

^!^!^!

Oh this is great!!

I live in South Jersey and am looking into HOPEFULLY going on the Noordam next year and I came across this.

This is another check on the pro side :)

JImJam - The bus terminal is off of turnpike exit 5, and 295 it would be exit 47 (near the HomeDepot/Kohls/Target shopping center)

Jimjam, glad I could help.

Moonhead, our bus was full, so we did not have any stops and it originated in Burlington, so I guess it depends on how many passengers they have booked.

On the return they were a little disorganized and thought that there were 4 more people that needed to get on the bus so we had to wait around 45 mins. otherwise we would have left the pier around 11:00am.

Has anyone taken this bus from Boston? We're sailing on the Noordam in February and understand that it leaves from South Station at 6:30 and Providence at 7:30 (or thereabouts). We live South of Boston and the departure city is a toss-up!

Has anyone taken this bus from Boston? We're sailing on the Noordam in February and understand that it leaves from South Station at 6:30 and Providence at 7:30 (or thereabouts). We live South of Boston and the departure city is a toss-up!

I've taken it from Providence. We had our own bus---the only stop was a coffee break on I-95 in Connecticut. We left Providence about 15 minutes late and arrived at the pier about 11:30 (IIRC).

In Providence you can park in a secure lot a few feet from the bus for $3.00/day.

On the return home we were ready to leave shortly after 10:00, but waited an hour for passengers---possibly due to a miscount. We had that same break in Connecticut and arrived at the Bonanza Terminal a little after 3:00.

Hi RuthC,

Could you tell me how much the bus trip cost from Providence round trip?

Thanks, Rick

I can't swear to it because I knew I wanted it and just had the TA book it. IIRC it was $89. That's probably a lot more than a regular bus to NYC---even if you add in the cab fare, but it was worth it to me to go directly to the pier and have the baggage turned over without danger of breaking a nail. :rolleyes:

We also took the HAL bus from Providence to the pier when we sailed on the Noordam last April and are doing this again in January as we were very pleased with the service.

As we live on the Cape we stayed overnight in Providence the night before at the Marriott which is very close to the Bonanza Bus Terminal where the HAL bus originates from. We left right at 7:30 and had a short break in CT as RuthC said. We were at the pier around 11:30 and on the ship just after 12:00. On the return trip we left the pier around 10:45 and were back in Providence at 2:30. We parked our car at the long-term parking area at the bus terminal and had no problem at all. I believe for long-term parking it was $6.00 per day but very convenient to jump in our car and drive back to the Cape. The cost of the bus was $89. round-trip which is cheap for the convenience -- sometimes it is very hard to get a taxi in NY after disembarkation.

We are planning on doing this same thing in January and hope it works as well as it did last April.

Archived