Spring Break Suggestions

kthill

I'm will be taking my teenage son and a few of his friends on a cruise during spring break. (another parent is going too) Any suggestions on how to make it a fun, safe trip? Any recommendations regarding taking those that aren't family members in regards to parental release or something like that?

Thank you!

You will need notarized notes signed by both parents giving you permission to take their kids out of the country & seek medical attention if necessary.You need original birth certificates & pictured ID's on all of them.Trip insurance is very important so please get some.

As far as them having fun...NO PROBLEM,MON! Those kids will have a ball! Just set down some ground rules. My #1 MAIN rule was that they stick together & not fan out all over the ship. They all knew what to expect when we got home if they caused any other passengers to get upset at all so our group was very good. We didn't get any complaints.

I'm will be taking my teenage son and a few of his friends on a cruise during spring break. (another parent is going too) Any suggestions on how to make it a fun, safe trip? Any recommendations regarding taking those that aren't family members in regards to parental release or something like that? Thank you!

You are brave to take on that large a responsibility. If I was to take that responsibility, the "fun and safe trip" planning would need to include the "ashore" time. Not knowing how old your teenagers are, but if they are old enough and will be "going their own way" and being responsible to get back to the ship, those worries would be putting more grey hair on me.

Having raised three daughters to womanhood, I can empathize with anyone that takes on such an added responsibility beyond their own children.

The Sensation has a basketball goal on deck 8 aft, behind the funnel. The ship should have a ball available from the pursor's desk but don't count on it. Have your son bring his own. I do this on every cruise. I deflate the ball and bring a hand pump and pins. It takes very little space in a suitcase. I always have a ball available when I want to play, and the ball is in good condition. The ship ball if available at all will usually be old and worn.

Basketball in the afternoon on sea days or after returning to the ship on a shore day is a great way for young men (and ladies for that matter) to burn off some energy in a fun and constructive way.

Last spring break I took 5 teenage girls and 1 teenage boy on the Carnival Miracle out of Tampa.... I know it's not the Miracle anymore the moved or are moving the ship .... the itinerary included Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya .... all I can tell you is they all had a great time.... only one was bored on sea days..... which wasn't bad because this itinerary only has two sea days..... very port intensive and great excursion opportunities.......

Archived