any feedback using shoretrips for excursions

Mike_mc

I've used them several times and have always gotten great service from them and the trips have all been very good. Never had a problem. keep in mind they are a middleman, so you will generally pay a bit more than if you were to track down the vendor and work with them directly.

Hi Mike:

I have used Shore Trips a number of times and always found their prices to be very good and the excursions exactly as described. The best thing about them is that they are smaller groups of people. While you may be going to some of the same places as ship tours, they seem to get their vendors to do it in a different sequence so that you aren't snorkeling with 250 other people for example! I also found that they offer things not offered on the ships.

I agree with the other poster, however. If you have the time, you should try to connect with the operators themselves. Check out the port boards and try some of the suggestions. I did every port on a southern carb cruise based upon board recs and I must say they were fabulous! And saved a ton of money. As another terrific bonus: ALL the money you pay to local vendors goes to the local vendors and their drivers, etc. Nothing more to the ship or, for that matter, Shore Trips. And with a group your size, you can get catamarans to yourself etc.,

Have a great time! Didn't mean to prattle on!

Sue

I have had very good luck with Shoretrips. Recently, I booked some clients on several excursions through them and they were extremely accomodating when the ship had trouble and cancelled one port of call and changed the dates for another.

As Patrick points out, you pay a bit more but it is still a better deal than the cruise lines themselves and I have been impressed enough with their service to use them for a large group next year.

We used ShoreTrips for our cruise last December. As the others have already said, their service was outstanding ! Our ship had to switch days between 2 different ports and I was freaking out until the purser's desk let me call them and they switched our excursion without any problem. We totally enjoyed ourselves and the tour crew were the best. We will definitely use them again for our group of 9 on our Pananma Canal cruise next March.

Archived