A huge grain of salt... Did I really enjoy our Century Cruise 2004??

AnthonyF

It was our first cruise and frankly was worried. Wanted to cruise and thought the timing was right in addition to a great price. Celebrity had a reputation as having top notch food and service. Was not looking for a party cruise (Carnival) and really more then anything was a spur of the moment decision. We are a family that could easily get bored on the beach every day and with cruises having high reputations for Children's programs it seemed perfect for an 8 & 11 year old.

Found Cruisecritic and Cruisemates to read reviews and Century was very well rated and thus we took the plunge.

Frankly my main worry prior to the cruise was sea sickness...

So little or no seasickness and wonderful weather. Now let's think back and complain 2 years later...

1) Put our family of 4 at dinner table with retirees at least 15-20 + older

2) Ship was dead, even by Celebrity Standards. Even the Bingo was so quiet, there were games for no dollar prizes

3) In retorspect, yes the lunch buffet leaves a lot to be desired

4) Entertainment was take it or leave it

5) TV's at sea were iffy at best and no sporting events watchable with the picture coming in and out

6) A few machines at the gym were under repair

7) The week we were on the ship failed their CDC test

So guess what, we had such a good time, we tell everyone they must try a cruise and are very much looking forward to December....

It was our first cruise and frankly was worried. Wanted to cruise and thought the timing was right in addition to a great price. Celebrity had a reputation as having top notch food and service. Was not looking for a party cruise (Carnival) and really more then anything was a spur of the moment decision. We are a family that could easily get bored on the beach every day and with cruises having high reputations for Children's programs it seemed perfect for an 8 & 11 year old.

Found Cruisecritic and Cruisemates to read reviews and Century was very well rated and thus we took the plunge.

Frankly my main worry prior to the cruise was sea sickness...

So little or no seasickness and wonderful weather. Now let's think back and complain 2 years later...

1) Put our family of 4 at dinner table with retirees at least 15-20 + older

2) Ship was dead, even by Celebrity Standards. Even the Bingo was so quiet, there were games for no dollar prizes

3) In retorspect, yes the lunch buffet leaves a lot to be desired

4) Entertainment was take it or leave it

5) TV's at sea were iffy at best and no sporting events watchable with the picture coming in and out

6) A few machines at the gym were under repair

7) The week we were on the ship failed their CDC test

So guess what, we had such a good time, we tell everyone they must try a cruise and are very much looking forward to December....

1) Now how do you know the retirees were at least 15-20 + older - Did you see their pasports?

2) Are you sure the ship was "dead" - it must have made it back to port! At lease the engines were alive!

3)What did you desire from the lunch buffet - Am I asking for too much info?

4) Did you take it or leave it on the Entertainmant? You didn't answer it

5) TV was IFFY - does that mean iffy you want to watch or iffy you don't want to watch?

6)Few machines were under repair of what? under repair to keep someone's weight off or under repair to improve someone's abbs

7) ship failed their cdc test - did they keep their drivers license anyway or did they have to go to remedial classes.

I like your style - on that note I'll just say I wish you were joining us in march for our cruise! Ha! Ha! thought I was going to critize you didn't you! Here's hoping you have a great cruise in December. We need more cc members who will tough if out and come back for more!

and will do it again. Yes I also think we are very discerning and expect a high quality vacation.

I hope a number of things are different... Our tablemates last time were very nice and we had a good time... However they may not have been that thrilled to have young children at their table.

Being football and Bowl season, along with Hockey & basketball I hope to watch some druing the week.

A little more festive spirit & more children on board (apologies to those who cruise Celebrity because there are fewer children) would also be nice.

Most important smooth seas and sunshine and we'll suffer through the week.

Archived