Which deck for Island princess

queeng

We are planning a Panama Canal cruise for Oct. 2007 and wondered what info you have on which deck is best. The first cruise we had an oceanview, the second cruise we had a balcony which we would like this time too. We were on the Grand Princess last cruise and there was a particular deck that was larger. I can’t remember which deck that was. Is it the same on the Island Princess or are they all the same. I was thinking of a rear balcony but my DH is not so sure. Does that mean you are near the back of the ship or is your balcony actually facing the back of the ship. It is so confusing!!!!. Anything you can tell me I will appreciate. Thanks

Ginger

Most of the Caribe balconies are deeper--not all but most so be careful. They are only partially covered so it's hard to get out of the rain. Some of the Dolphin balconies are as deep and fully covered.

If you do a search on this forum, you will find a very good web site that explains every balcony on the Island and Coral.

The Island doesn't have the true aft-facing cabins that you find on other Princess ships. The closest you can get is the last cabin on each deck, but those balconies are completely uncovered, so there is no shelter from the rain.

One nice feature on the Island on Caribe and Baja decks (I can't remember about Dolphin) is that there's a public deck on the stern - on Caribe, it's very deep and there are about 25 lounge chairs there. So if you book near the stern, you can just go out the door and have an enormous deck for viewing. I imagine that it's crowded on Canal transit day, but otherwise should be pretty peaceful if our one cruise is any indication.

The Island doesn't have the true aft-facing cabins that you find on other Princess ships. The closest you can get is the last cabin on each deck, but those balconies are completely uncovered, so there is no shelter from the rain. ............................................................................................

Not Totally correct;)

We Had C727 Caribe Deck(on Coral(SAME as the Island) 10/23(Last Leg) Last Side/Aft Cabin Mini Totally uncovered, but Incredible Panaroma View:D . & We are Currently in E737 ;) Last Cabin Side/Aft Emerald Deck, COMPLETELY Covered, it is a Reg Balc Cat BB Cabin! Again an Incredible View, Aft & Side. Don't get the Side/AFT cabin on the D(Dolphin Deck) The Huge Window Cleaning Machine blocks your View, AFT almost Totaly!:( My Best! Bill

LIVE From the CORAL Princess

We just returned from the Island Princess on Sunday. Our cabin was on the caribe deck C332 and thought it was perfect. The balcony is quite large compared to others, big enough for a table, two regular chairs and two chairs that recline. It's half covered, so easy to get out of the rain, and I thought provided plenty of privacy. It's located mid-ship so easy to get to the buffet and pools.

Archived