Golden Princess WET DOCK Change

T&J

Any idea if cabins will be refurbished? What about dividing up the dining rooms like they are on Diamond so that there are 4 Personal Choice venues and the International (5th room) will be reserved for regular seating?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I already posted what would be performed in the drydock...scroll up and look ...they are no dividing any dinning rooms on anymore ships like they did originally with the Sapphire and Diamond Princess.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Sounds like it's a good thing I'll have my SCUBA gear along on the Golden Princess over our Xmas cruise in a few weeks! Just in case Captain Crash decides to pretend to be Captain Nemo and take us down to explore Cozumel's beautiful reef the hard way.

Glad to hear about the refurbishment, though. It's much nicer to be on a freshly spruced up ship than on one on its last legs before the next refurbishment. With 10 family members in 5 cabins for Xmas, this is a trip we wouldn't want to be disappointed.

Sounds like it's a good thing I'll have my SCUBA gear along on the Golden Princess over our Xmas cruise in a few weeks! Just in case Captain Crash decides to pretend to be Captain Nemo and take us down to explore Cozumel's beautiful reef the hard way.

Glad to hear about the refurbishment, though. It's much nicer to be on a freshly spruced up ship than on one on its last legs before the next refurbishment. With 10 family members in 5 cabins for Xmas, this is a trip we wouldn't want to be disappointed.

FYI, Captain "crash Nash" is no longer the Captain...it's now David Calabrese.

Tony

Tony, is Chris Nichols the CD on the Golden? If so, how long will he be on the ship? We're hoping he's our CD on our 2/12/07 Golden cruise.

No it was Paul Olaughlin and the CD for that voyage and the previous Antartica one is JJ Ulrich....(not a fan of his whatsoever).

Frankie Vaccaro is still Deputy Cruise Director during that time all the way to SFO on April 12th.

Tony

No it was Paul Olaughlin and the CD for that voyage and the previous Antartica one is JJ Ulrich....(not a fan of his whatsoever).

Frankie Vaccaro is still Deputy Cruise Director during that time all the way to SFO on April 12th.

Thanks. I thought I'd read that Chris was CD on the Golden. Bummer. I don't know JJ Ulrich so we'll see.

Normally, the CD doesn't make too much difference to me but my sister does superb needlework and loves to get the CD to put a "Needlework Get-together" notice in the Patter for sea days. On some cruises, we've had over 20 people bring their knitting, tatting, needlepoint, etc. and have a great time. Even some gentlemen have joined us with their crafts!

Tony is Paul O'Laughlin back in the field now? Or maybe I should say back at sea?

I thought he was more in the corporate sector of Princess now.

If so when did this happen?

No, Paul is semi-retired for the past 1.5 years and only is used as relief when a CD goes on vacation...he's a part time floater...no corporate involvment whatsoever.

Tony

I remember Paul O'Laughlin. He was either on the Star in '02 to Mexico or the Sun to Mexico in ' 03. Forget which one. Is he the Irish lad?

Tony

Tony,

I have still not heard from the Golden on either of my requests for the email correction for Viharn. I see that the thread for the Golden under Princess has been pulled. Would you stay in touch with me on this matter? I can give you my email.

Judy

Tony,

I have still not heard from the Golden on either of my requests for the email correction for Viharn. I see that the thread for the Golden under Princess has been pulled. Would you stay in touch with me on this matter? I can give you my email.

Judy

Judy,

If you don't get what you'll looking for, ask me in the Live From thread & I'll get it for you, if at all possible!:) Bill

Archived