seasickness remedies

glickk

we are first time cruisers and can't wait until our 12/31 Mariner cruise. We will have our 11 year old DD and 7 year old DS. Both, but esp. our son, have gotten motion sickness in cars in the mountains. Since we've never cruised, i don't know if either will get motion sick on boat--and quite frankly, don't want to find out (esp. on new years eve when we sail). I"m thinking of getting them wristbands just in case (was thinking of dramamine, but then i figure they will just fall asleep as soon as we get on board--

Any ideas, recommendations or anything else from those of your who have been there before?

DD (now 11) has always had a problem with motion sickness on curvey/hilly roads. Has been cruising since 3YO without any sea sickness issues on the cruise ship. She did get very queezy on an excursion boat we took out snorkeling -- as is the case with her on land - ginger (we always bring candied ginger with us) works the best.

Archived